EarthBound’s Marketing $2 Million?
For a long time now I always thought the background music when you play the Sound Stone was unusual. It’s easiest to hear it when you don’t have any melodies:
It just somehow seemed like a strange sound to have in the background of something like that.
Then Questionmarktarius just recently remarked about how similar it is to the background in “Give Peace a Chance” by John Lennon’s Plastic Ono Band.
It’s not too surprising since the entire game has Beatles references in it, and the music especially has a whole lot of Beatles influence running through it. I covered a few of them a long time ago here, but you can also read about the musicians’ thoughts about various musical influences/inspirations on Itoi’s site here. Of course, you’ll need to know Japanese, but a lot of the album names are in English.
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to The Sound Stone and John Lennon
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...