More Possible Inspirations for EarthBound’s Music
For a long time now I always thought the background music when you play the Sound Stone was unusual. It’s easiest to hear it when you don’t have any melodies:
It just somehow seemed like a strange sound to have in the background of something like that.
Then Questionmarktarius just recently remarked about how similar it is to the background in “Give Peace a Chance” by John Lennon’s Plastic Ono Band.
It’s not too surprising since the entire game has Beatles references in it, and the music especially has a whole lot of Beatles influence running through it. I covered a few of them a long time ago here, but you can also read about the musicians’ thoughts about various musical influences/inspirations on Itoi’s site here. Of course, you’ll need to know Japanese, but a lot of the album names are in English.
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to The Sound Stone and John Lennon
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic