EarthBound Zero: Source
Popular Posts:None found
For a long time now I always thought the background music when you play the Sound Stone was unusual. It’s easiest to hear it when you don’t have any melodies:
It just somehow seemed like a strange sound to have in the background of something like that.
Then Questionmarktarius just recently remarked about how similar it is to the background in “Give Peace a Chance” by John Lennon’s Plastic Ono Band.
It’s not too surprising since the entire game has Beatles references in it, and the music especially has a whole lot of Beatles influence running through it. I covered a few of them a long time ago here, but you can also read about the musicians’ thoughts about various musical influences/inspirations on Itoi’s site here. Of course, you’ll need to know Japanese, but a lot of the album names are in English.
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to The Sound Stone and John Lennon
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.