Mr. Saturn Cake
Recently, Roo (the cool dude who made that EarthBound documentary and currently owns an EarthBound Zero prototype) met up with Reid, the co-founder of Starmen.Net and the guy behind Fangamer to talk about EarthBound, the EarthBound community, and all sorts of stuff. Some of the topics include:
- Nintendo Power’s coverage of EarthBound and buying EarthBound on release day
- How Starmen.Net came about
- The many community campaigns
- Nintendo and the community
- Why EarthBound resonates with fans so much, especially over time
- Shigesato Itoi and the EarthBound community
- The MOTHER 3 fan translation’s history and untold stories
- And a bunch more stuff
Check out the video if you get some time, there’s a lot of stuff in there you probably never knew about!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to The EarthBound Fandom’s History
- cattledriver: it’s obvious these are fakes. if Ness Isn’t in the game I might not buy it. I mean. I originally only bought smash bros...
- Anonymous: My 2 cents. I don’t think the game (Mother 4) looks bad at all (though the graphical style isn’t my cup of tea, per se) but...
- Oh My: No, I’m not ticked off. Not even a little. I’ve tried to explain the position of the fans who do not approve of Mother 4 as a...
- Raiden: It’s sad but I don’t think we’ll ever see Mother 3 or 1 being put on the Virtual Console. I don’t have a Wii U but...
- Raiden: You act like you’re a little ticked off Oh My. I don’t understand the big deal about why Mother 4 should use a diffrent name....