MOTHER Remake Hack Coming Along Nicely
Recently, Roo (the cool dude who made that EarthBound documentary and currently owns an EarthBound Zero prototype) met up with Reid, the co-founder of Starmen.Net and the guy behind Fangamer to talk about EarthBound, the EarthBound community, and all sorts of stuff. Some of the topics include:
- Nintendo Power’s coverage of EarthBound and buying EarthBound on release day
- How Starmen.Net came about
- The many community campaigns
- Nintendo and the community
- Why EarthBound resonates with fans so much, especially over time
- Shigesato Itoi and the EarthBound community
- The MOTHER 3 fan translation’s history and untold stories
- And a bunch more stuff
Check out the video if you get some time, there’s a lot of stuff in there you probably never knew about!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to The EarthBound Fandom’s History
- Chivi-chivik: @SpitefulCrow Who died and made you the one to decide who is and who isn’t a real fan? The point is to play all the games, we...
- Midna: @game4brains: The NES EarthBound is “hellishly hard” because the Famicom Mother was “hellishly hard”. And the...
- game4brains: Mato, I can only imagine your excitement. Besides, it’s not every day that somoeone chooses to LP the far-better fan translation...
- vince94: The story’s the best part of EarthBound Zero anyway, though I wish someone would make a music restoration patch, a la FF6. The GBA...
- Raiden: And what a stupid issue to have!lol