Weekly Round-Up #5
Recently, Roo (the cool dude who made that EarthBound documentary and currently owns an EarthBound Zero prototype) met up with Reid, the co-founder of Starmen.Net and the guy behind Fangamer to talk about EarthBound, the EarthBound community, and all sorts of stuff. Some of the topics include:
- Nintendo Power’s coverage of EarthBound and buying EarthBound on release day
- How Starmen.Net came about
- The many community campaigns
- Nintendo and the community
- Why EarthBound resonates with fans so much, especially over time
- Shigesato Itoi and the EarthBound community
- The MOTHER 3 fan translation’s history and untold stories
- And a bunch more stuff
Check out the video if you get some time, there’s a lot of stuff in there you probably never knew about!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to The EarthBound Fandom’s History
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...