April 9th, 2011 | EarthBound, Interviews, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

Recently, Roo (the cool dude who made that EarthBound documentary and currently owns an EarthBound Zero prototype) met up with Reid, the co-founder of Starmen.Net and the guy behind Fangamer to talk about EarthBound, the EarthBound community, and all sorts of stuff. Some of the topics include:

• Nintendo Power’s coverage of EarthBound and buying EarthBound on release day
  • How Starmen.Net came about
  • The many community campaigns
  • Nintendo and the community
  • Why EarthBound resonates with fans so much, especially over time
  • Shigesato Itoi and the EarthBound community
  • The MOTHER 3 fan translation’s history and untold stories
  • And a bunch more stuff

Check out the video if you get some time, there’s a lot of stuff in there you probably never knew about!

10 Comments to The EarthBound Fandom’s History

Skye said on Apr. 9, 2011

That beard 😮

blackpanther1026 said on Apr. 9, 2011

I love finding out random stuff. Definitely didn’t know about the Bill Trinen thing (or supposedly Bill Trinen)

TGP said on Apr. 9, 2011

This is hilarious, just because I watched Roo’s documentary last night and then I look here and see his face on the front page of the site. Whaaaat.

MagusDuality said on Apr. 9, 2011

He talked quite a bit on your work, Mato! Glad he brought that up. Didn’t realize the intensity of the whole M3 romhack shenanigans.

TBird said on Apr. 10, 2011

I didn’t know Roo was one of the prototype owners! That’s one hell of a collectible. I like his 16-bit gems videos so I’ll have to check the prototype vids out. This interview was really cool. I am one of those people who was on alot until the translation came and went. Now I mostly just check out this site for EarthBound trivia and such.

SoreThumb said on Apr. 11, 2011

You guys kidding? I love Reid’s beard. 😀

TeamMountainGaming said on Apr. 14, 2011

Congrats Roo!!!

DJ 2Sang said on Aug. 26, 2011

Wow, never knew you guys started so early. I thought was made after Smash Bros. came out.

Ness1985 said on Apr. 18, 2012

This is so brilliant, I feel warm inside :)

Jowee is a Raposa, not a fox said on Jan. 3, 2013

i can say, despite liking eb, Earthbound’s fandom is a advert, WHY CANT IT BE LIKE THE DRAWN TO LIFE FANDOM, NOT EVEN THINKING OF ADVERTISING?