Recently, Roo (the cool dude who made that EarthBound documentary and currently owns an EarthBound Zero prototype) met up with Reid, the co-founder of Starmen.Net and the guy behind Fangamer to talk about EarthBound, the EarthBound community, and all sorts of stuff. Some of the topics include:
- Nintendo Power’s coverage of EarthBound and buying EarthBound on release day
- How Starmen.Net came about
- The many community campaigns
- Nintendo and the community
- Why EarthBound resonates with fans so much, especially over time
- Shigesato Itoi and the EarthBound community
- The MOTHER 3 fan translation’s history and untold stories
- And a bunch more stuff
Check out the video if you get some time, there’s a lot of stuff in there you probably never knew about!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to The EarthBound Fandom’s History
- Traiver: Mother 1: – FC: Original – GBA: Adds Run Button and Translated Epilogue, No Time Machine, Some other stuff from NES Proto....
- DJMankiewicz: I’m not willing to write Adex off like that myself. There’s a good possibility there’s real reasons why such a...
- Mother2fan: “adex” is apparently not only an idiot who can’t understand symbolism, but also a prude who can’t handle even...
- DJMankiewicz: And his most basic form still includes a baseball cap :D. I’d agree with all of that. Adex, if there’s a personal reason...
- Shrub: @adex I understand the sentiment, but remember that this is NOT just nudity for the sake of nudity or anything – this is nudity used...