April 8th, 2011 | Itoi, Videos

During that live performance of MOTHER music the other day, Shigesato Itoi showed up and said a few words. He even mentioned Starmen.Net:

What’s funny is that we had nothing to do with it at all – one, it was like four or five in the morning in America while this was going on, and two, we had no idea there was going to be a big list of names or anything happening – in fact, I’m still not sure where those names are coming from. I can only assume they’re from Twitter, since all the names are written in English. So it’s funny that he thinks of us the one time Starmen.Net WASN’T involved :P

Thanks x 1000 to eagle0wl for providing the video – I even have the full video of the full performance. It’s three hours long, so I don’t really know where to upload it to, any suggestions?

39 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Mentions Starmen.Net

VGMaster64 said on Apr. 8, 2011

Vimeo would be a good place to upload it. Unless it has a limit… I’m not quite sure.

LeonardoGolden said on Apr. 8, 2011

Vimeo has a size limit of 500 MBs.

How about Viddler or Blip.tv?

Stephen said on Apr. 8, 2011

I, for one, am happy to be a part of the Starmen club!

Zinco said on Apr. 8, 2011

Well! That’s dandy. I suppose I knew that Itoi was aware of starmen.net on some level, but it’s always nice to have your name dropped.

TBird said on Apr. 9, 2011

“Help me, Doc!”

“Join the Starmen Club today!”

zeromus said on Apr. 9, 2011

This made me smile ear to ear, looking forward to the whole performance. :)

lampi said on Apr. 9, 2011

If you upload it as a torrent, I’d seed it for at least a month!

blahmoomoo said on Apr. 9, 2011

Oops, didn’t notice this new blog post. See the bottom of the other one for my capture of the performance.

Jean said on Apr. 9, 2011

That’s… ;___; awwwhhh.

Also, just upload it for download on Megaupload or something? That seems so huge. I’m sure lots of people (me included) would love to watch it though!

myoky said on Apr. 9, 2011

I recommend uploading it to Viddler.

Yorkshire Gold said on Apr. 9, 2011

Huzzah! Does this mean we’ve truly hit the big time?

eagle0wl said on Apr. 9, 2011

1) Split the video file.
2) Upload the each splited videos.

I think a simple idea … (^-^;;;;

TGP said on Apr. 9, 2011

Yeah, I think you should split it in parts. It’s the easiest way to do this.

Oh and Starmen Club. Yes.

Christie said on Apr. 9, 2011

=] That’s fracking awesome. The end.

blahmoomoo said on Apr. 9, 2011

I would be happy to fix the beginning part of my video by replacing it with what you captured, eagle0wl, and upload it in one part again.

If you missed it, here is what I have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SRAnvDaxAI

[...] Direct link here Permalink [...]

Anon1 said on Apr. 9, 2011

Starman dotto netto <3

What'sHerFace said on Apr. 9, 2011

Oh man, that’s so cool! It’s nice to know that the US fandom has made enough of an impact on them that he’s remember us, even when we’re not bugging him!

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 9, 2011

Haha, that made me smile.

Crav said on Apr. 9, 2011

Aww… You could tell he was touched by the performance.

And it’s just awesome that he name dropped the community. Even if it’s the one time Starmen.net had nothing to do with it, it shows he’s aware of us and thinks about us.

The more I see and hear about the man, the more I like him.

TheBatFax said on Apr. 9, 2011

I randomly spotted climhazard on the name scroll, so I guess there was at least ONE Starman Club member on there.

m1997 said on Apr. 9, 2011

Awesome. Just awesome.

LucasTizma said on Apr. 9, 2011

Uh, how long was this performance?! Can we please get the file(s) uploaded somewhere? I’d, of course, be more than willing to host the files on lucastizma.com if we need a place for hosting. :3

LucasTizma said on Apr. 9, 2011

Oh, just kidding. blahmoomoo uploaded it to YouTube. :)

ShadowX said on Apr. 9, 2011

Heh, of all the times and places to get a shout out. Good to know Itoi is still remembers SMN. Those wacky Americans!

Greiv said on Apr. 9, 2011

The bit where they all sing together for a very long time…very powerful. ;_;

Much love to all! <33

LucasTizma said on Apr. 9, 2011

Why is the audio quality so bad? :( I guess live streaming audio quality is always low… D’:

blahmoomoo said on Apr. 9, 2011

What do you mean by the bad audio quality?

The audio level did vary a lot during the live stream, while being generally very quiet… they clearly are not super professionals at live recording. So during the entire stream, I monitored the volume in order to try and maximize the recording volume with minimal clipping. Which explains the major clipping during the first song when the guitar first played, and the occasional clipping elsewhere.

There may be some crackles on occasion too… my laptop’s audio hardware isn’t the best. Luckily, this time the crackles were minimal throughout.

I don’t hear much compression artifacts from the stream though (and I captured with PCM and compressed it to 192 kbps mp3 afterward), so I don’t think you are talking about that.

eagle0wl said on Apr. 10, 2011

ummm…

I have live video downloaded from timeshift watching function of “niconico douga”.

Niconico live is broadcast stream. But timeshift watching function of “niconico douga” is *not* broadcast stream (like a progressive download).

Therefore, quality of downloaded movie file is fine.

This is a test uploaded movie.

LucasTizma said on Apr. 10, 2011

@blahmoomoo It just seems highly compressed to me. And it probably doesn’t help that their equipment setup didn’t seem too good. I simply ran your YouTube link through a video downloader that I normally use, but I don’t think that’s the issue.

blahmoomoo said on Apr. 10, 2011

You may want to be sure you got the 480p version rather than the 240p version. 240p is definitely highly compressed.

I’m going to go ahead and put this video up on Megaupload. My version is less than a gigabyte in size. The link won’t work forever, but it should last long enough for those who are interested in having it.

eagle0wl: If there is a way you could send even the first hour and 15 minutes of the video, I could patch mine up so it has everything. If you could send everything, I should be able to get it on YouTube the same way I did with my copy. The easiest way I can think of to do this is by me setting up an FTP server for you to transfer the video file to.

blahmoomoo said on Apr. 10, 2011
BLiZIHGUH said on Apr. 10, 2011

I can’t believe he actually name dropped Starmen. It’s not like its the first time he’s mentioned Starmen or anything, but the fact that Itoi is still thinking of the fans across the pond even when nobody’s badgering him about it is really sweet. Heartwarming, even.

PKSTARMAN said on Apr. 12, 2011

It’s good to know that he cares and thinks about us everytime he can.

gilligan156 said on Apr. 15, 2011

first earthbound.net, then starmen.net, henceforce we will be starmanclub.net

Naja said on Apr. 15, 2011

blahmoomoo, thanks a million for the upload!!

neonix said on Apr. 21, 2011

I predict Fangamer will soon have one or several pieces of merch featuring “Starman Club.” Let it be known that I predicted it here.

neonix said on Apr. 21, 2011

Whoops, I meant “Starmen Club” but yeah…

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 said on May. 5, 2011

I wonder if he visits it. I sure find that website addicting.