April 18th, 2011 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, MOTHER 1

A few weeks back there was that live MOTHER music performance that went on for three hours and was streamed online. There was a lot of chatting and stuff during it, but luckily colinp and meltingparappa on the NeoGAF forums were there to save the day and create a set of MP3s of just the music. You can get the MP3s in a big zip file here:

The file is about 80 MB and has a dozen or so MP3s in there. They’re nice and easy to listen to, they make very good background music when you need to focus or just when you wanna relax. So check ’em out sometime, especially if you missed the live performance earlier!

13 Comments to MOTHER Live Performance MP3s

Poe said on Apr. 18, 2011

Awesome, thank you!

resetsurvivor said on Apr. 18, 2011

Thanks! I can’t wait to listen to these.

Christie said on Apr. 18, 2011

=D Thanks so much!

Poe said on Apr. 18, 2011

Listening to it now – SO glad they included those piano songs that I’ve never heard before. So pretty 🙂

lampi said on Apr. 18, 2011

Here are the main songs with the background noise removed:

Bubbleman said on Apr. 18, 2011

So, which songs are in the .zip? (track list please)

Dlakii said on Apr. 19, 2011

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

This is just delightful. I could /totally/ see this rendition of the Introduction, albeit a slightly cleaner performance, being used as the introduction to a MOTHER remake of some kind. I admit I found both performances of Pollyanna – my favourite piece of music ever – a tad underwhelming, but still very good.

@above: The tracks, as far as I can tell, are thus. Some of the files were labelled appropriately, but most weren't.

1. Intro / Eight Melodies
2. Pollyanna
3. Pollyanna (again)
4. Hippie battle
5. Paradise Line
6. Twinkle Elementary
7. [no idea; I don't recognise it. it may be a Takagi original]
8. Snowman
[Tracks 9 through 14 may be original compositions by Takagi]
15. A medley consisting of Eight Melodies [MOTHER 2], a /really long/ vocal rendition of Eight Melodies/Credits [MOTHER], and Pollyanna accompanied by rhythmic clapping.
16. Another really long rendition of Eight Melodies/Credits [MOTHER]

In regard to the vocal ones, though I'm quite familiar with MOTHER's soundtrack, I could very well be wrong about these having no MOTHER origins at all, both series and the first instalment thereof.

Dlakii said on Apr. 19, 2011

*Not vocal; those are obviously from MOTHER. I meant in regard to the /unrecognised/ ones. Sorry about that. ><

Poe said on Apr. 19, 2011

No I think you’re right, Dlakii. I didn’t recognize those piano comps either, so they must have been written by Takagi (that was when Suzuki went away for a little while too).

MoonSide said on Apr. 19, 2011

Thank you, so much. 😀

Somebody said on Apr. 19, 2011

It’s a shame I don’t download MP3’s or that anymore…

Dwibble said on Apr. 20, 2011

Very nice and very soothing. Loved it all, except for all the background noise. Other than that, very well done.

I’m wondering what the people were laughing at, though…