MOTHER 3 8th Most Tear-jerking Game
April 21st, 2011 | MOTHER 1+2
Today I finished my final text-polishing phase and test playthrough of my MOTHER 1 retranslation in MOTHER 1+2. Barring any unforeseen catastrophes, the patch should be out before the end of the month. I still gotta do a few last things, try it out on real hardware, write the readme, package everything up, etc. but it’s pretty much almost ready to go now.
For those just joining, here are some links about the project:
The release will include:
- A full retranslation of MOTHER 1, with lots of little UI improvements (expanded menus, names, etc.) and an optional Easy Ring to make the game more palatable for fans who usually have a hard time getting into the first game. It will also fix a few bugs in the original Japanese ROM.
- A menu/list/item translation of MOTHER 2, kind of like that old MOTHER 3 menu patch I made years ago
- All the tools and files I used to create the translations for both games – users can use these to translate the text into their own languages or create text-based hacks of their own
- The source code for all the tools (though not the text editor/previewer since I didn’t create that)
Basically, if you’ve never played through the first game in the series or could never really get into it before, this patch might be right up your alley when it comes out 😀
Other Related Posts:
154 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Translation Soon
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.