Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Last night the Starmen.Net/Fangamer guys kicked off a MOTHER 1 Fanfest (site here). A little bit before it started, Reid was like, “Hey, is your translation far along enough that we could play it for everyone watching?” So I sent him the current beta build of the translation patch. He and his cohorts played through from the start of the game all the way to saving Pippi, so if you want to see the current translation in action, you can check it out here! Skip to around 22:40 into that video if you want to get right to them playing the game!
The coolest thing to me was seeing how people (who are basically almost complete newcomers to the game) act and react to stuff. Seeing them realize they can get infinite orange juice or mistaking the canaries in Canary Village for Flying Men in the graveyard was a hoot 😛 Also, it was cool seeing the Easy Ring in action, and it seemed to genuinely make the game more playable for them. Sort of, anyway…
I still need to do a thorough final revision of the game’s text, so a lot of it might seem a bit off, plus I’ve noticed a few other little issues here and there. But if you get time, check out the video and let me know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Translation Preview
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...