It’s The EarthBound Hacktoberfest!
Last night the Starmen.Net/Fangamer guys kicked off a MOTHER 1 Fanfest (site here). A little bit before it started, Reid was like, “Hey, is your translation far along enough that we could play it for everyone watching?” So I sent him the current beta build of the translation patch. He and his cohorts played through from the start of the game all the way to saving Pippi, so if you want to see the current translation in action, you can check it out here! Skip to around 22:40 into that video if you want to get right to them playing the game!
The coolest thing to me was seeing how people (who are basically almost complete newcomers to the game) act and react to stuff. Seeing them realize they can get infinite orange juice or mistaking the canaries in Canary Village for Flying Men in the graveyard was a hoot 😛 Also, it was cool seeing the Easy Ring in action, and it seemed to genuinely make the game more playable for them. Sort of, anyway…
I still need to do a thorough final revision of the game’s text, so a lot of it might seem a bit off, plus I’ve noticed a few other little issues here and there. But if you get time, check out the video and let me know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Translation Preview
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...