MOTHER 1+2&3 in German Gamepro
Last night the Starmen.Net/Fangamer guys kicked off a MOTHER 1 Fanfest (site here). A little bit before it started, Reid was like, “Hey, is your translation far along enough that we could play it for everyone watching?” So I sent him the current beta build of the translation patch. He and his cohorts played through from the start of the game all the way to saving Pippi, so if you want to see the current translation in action, you can check it out here! Skip to around 22:40 into that video if you want to get right to them playing the game!
The coolest thing to me was seeing how people (who are basically almost complete newcomers to the game) act and react to stuff. Seeing them realize they can get infinite orange juice or mistaking the canaries in Canary Village for Flying Men in the graveyard was a hoot 😛 Also, it was cool seeing the Easy Ring in action, and it seemed to genuinely make the game more playable for them. Sort of, anyway…
I still need to do a thorough final revision of the game’s text, so a lot of it might seem a bit off, plus I’ve noticed a few other little issues here and there. But if you get time, check out the video and let me know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Translation Preview
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues