Last night the Starmen.Net/Fangamer guys kicked off a MOTHER 1 Fanfest (site here). A little bit before it started, Reid was like, “Hey, is your translation far along enough that we could play it for everyone watching?” So I sent him the current beta build of the translation patch. He and his cohorts played through from the start of the game all the way to saving Pippi, so if you want to see the current translation in action, you can check it out here! Skip to around 22:40 into that video if you want to get right to them playing the game!
The coolest thing to me was seeing how people (who are basically almost complete newcomers to the game) act and react to stuff. Seeing them realize they can get infinite orange juice or mistaking the canaries in Canary Village for Flying Men in the graveyard was a hoot 😛 Also, it was cool seeing the Easy Ring in action, and it seemed to genuinely make the game more playable for them. Sort of, anyway…
I still need to do a thorough final revision of the game’s text, so a lot of it might seem a bit off, plus I’ve noticed a few other little issues here and there. But if you get time, check out the video and let me know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Translation Preview
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!