April 13th, 2011 | MOTHER 1+2, Uncommon Knowledge

Over the last few days I had a little bit of free time, so I used it to get a bunch of text checking/polishing done with my MOTHER 1 retranslation. Of course, it’s important to note that since this was a Famicom game originally, the original text wasn’t as snappy or interesting as the later two games. Still, I think the final patch will make the game a lot more enjoyable to players than the EB0 beta ROM. Here are some random screenshots:

I was also looking through the EB0 script to see what lines had been especially altered before the game was canceled. It’s kind of neat, here’s one where the English writers just went in and wrote Ana to be MUCH more appreciative of Ninten:

(left is the original Japanese/my translation, right is EB0 version)

Anyway, I have a few more lines to check up on, but the text polishing phase is almost over. Which will leave just the context checking and some test playthroughs to make sure I didn’t break anything or that I didn’t miss anything. I’m also hoping to get Reid and/or Jonk to design an intro screen for this patch, just like they did with the MOTHER 3 patch.

Since the patch is finally getting close to completion, I think it’d be nice to have a few little extras like we did when we released the MOTHER 3 translation (edit: like how we had that Itoi interview translation, that maniac quiz, etc.). I don’t want to do anything that’ll take a ton of time, but if anyone has suggestions, lemme know!

96 Comments to M1+2 Translation Update (Apr. 13)

StrayOddity said on Apr. 13, 2011

Keep up the awesome work Matosan!

Ice Sage said on Apr. 13, 2011

Why on earth did they change Anna’s line there? I personally find those three simple words to carry much more emotion, at least in a more effective way. By comparision, the lines in the EB0 prototype sound like she’s literally drooling all over Ninten. No wonder people interpret the pair as being too naive to know what love is. Anna’s original line seems much more “real” to me…if that makes any sense.

…I get the feeling that a lot more lines suffered from this same problem of “mood-killing” in the EB0 prototype translation, besides just this one.

BlackSmith said on Apr. 13, 2011

“You’re tearing me apart, Ninten!”.

bahooney said on Apr. 13, 2011

There’s probably no way a MOTHER 1 handbook would be released, is there? It feels like the MOTHER translation is more low-key than MOTHER 3’s. Which is totally fine.

Maybe a .pdf of a MOTHER 1 handbook with clay models and stuff? I think that would be awesome, and less costly, albeit time consuming.

Newman said on Apr. 13, 2011

Looks like there’s a NintenxAnna fan in NOA πŸ˜›

Randomguardian said on Apr. 13, 2011

Lol just pure lol
Those 3 words on the left just seem so MOTHERish. I wonder what Phil what’s-his-name was thinking when he wrote those extra lines.
Also I love this “what could have been” stuff. Is there anymore noteworthy translation changes like this one? I would love to see the major differences between the two versions.

John H. said on Apr. 14, 2011

For ideas for new features, hmmm….

How about “conducts?”

That is, keeping count of the number of times various things happen during the game, and when the game is won when these numbers are below some value, putting a message on-screen after the ending just to inform the player his accomplishment has been noted?

Like: Number of saves, number of times rested, number of battles, number of enemies killed, number of party deaths, number of defeats, number of healing PSI used, number of attack PSI used, number of effect PSI used, number of battle items used, times items purchased, times Onyx Hook used, time spent playing.

Phil L said on Apr. 14, 2011

^ Number of NPCs spoken to and number of gifts opened.

Something like this:

Gifts Opened : 12 / [Total number of gifts in game]

Kysafen said on Apr. 14, 2011

^ That’d require Mato to find EVERY SINGLE PRESENT in every map, and playtest through the game to see if each one is accessible or not (keep in mind that Mother 3, for its expansiveness, still had unreachable sections and unused dialogue/sprites).

Well, you said before you were importing all the re-colored sprites from your cancelled SNES port, right? Are you going to finish that, or leave the sprites as-is?

And if you could add yourself as a secret NPC in the game’s dialogue with a special message congratulating the player on finding you, that wouldn’t stink, too. Or a “Tomato Bat” that’s the ultimate weapon in the game/boosts stats other than Attack. That’d be a nice bonus, too.

MEG said on Apr. 14, 2011

For something that wouldn’t require a ton of hacking it’d be interesting to see more of the above- Your translation vs. EB0, and your thoughts on them.
Thank you so much for your hard work.

joeymartin64 said on Apr. 14, 2011

Are you going to leave that NPC line about the new Famicom game alone, or are you planning to localize and/or update it? Y’know, something like “I hear you can get Mother and Mother 2 on GBA now!” or whatever? I get that you really don’t want to change things too much, but that line seems a bit out of place on something that isn’t a Famicom, to the point I’m tilting my head that the line stuck around for the Japanese re-release.

Linkdude20002001 said on Apr. 14, 2011

@joeymartin64
Are you talking about the “Have you played ‘that game’?” line which changed from “Have you played Dragon Quest IV yet?” as found in the Famicom version?

Zinco said on Apr. 14, 2011

Extras? How ’bout a Hard Ring?!

chris said on Apr. 14, 2011

how do you download patch??

Mirc said on Apr. 14, 2011

So I just started Mother 1 / EB0 about a week ago playing casually. I have never played it through before. Is it worth it for me to wait for the translation patch? I guess if its going to be out in a month or two, I would like to wait. Any ballpark guesses?

Oven Man said on Apr. 14, 2011

I always thought an 8-bit sprite of a Pigmask soldier somewhere in the middle of nowhere looking completely lost would be a nice easter egg. Perhaps saying something about how he went through the wrong time portal and ended up being stranded.

Then again, I have no idea how difficult creating a sprite from scratch in MOTHER1 would be, so yeah. I like the idea above about the ‘no. of enemies killed’ thing though.

Mato said on Apr. 14, 2011

Oh oops, I guess I wasn’t thinking when I made this post. By “extras”, I mean like how we also put up that Itoi interview, that maniac quiz, etc. I really don’t want to hack the game anymore if I don’t have to πŸ˜›

Randomguardian: I didn’t check the entire script, but I imagine there aren’t TOO many other such major changes – there isn’t much text in the game to begin with, and the number of key lines is even smaller. What I’ve mostly noticed is a lot of censorship and just weird translation choices I guess they thought were clever.

joey: In an old interview Itoi talked about that – the developers were like, “Hey, what should we do about these old lines?” and at first Itoi was okay with changing them, but then he decided to leave most of them as-is, I guess to keep the game a creation of its time.

Snow said on Apr. 14, 2011

You should make a list of what’s left if you have the chance (unless I missed a list). I remember when the Mother 3 patch list had only 9 things left on it. It was well worth the wait.

Linkdude20002001 said on Apr. 14, 2011

@Myself
I just realized joeymartin64 was talking about the text in the screenshot. Somehow I forgot that bit of text even though I’d read it only a few hours beforehand. :O

Mato said on Apr. 14, 2011

Snow: I usually post a link to it in every update I make, I forgot this time πŸ˜› Here’s the to-do list: http://earthboundcentral.com/2011/02/mother-1-translation-to-do/

Halifax,NS said on Apr. 14, 2011

Wasn’t entirely sure how to go about thanking Tomato, Gideon Zhi, Demi, Reidman and all involved with the mother 3 translation, the mother 1+2 translation and the general Mother Community. I figured the Most recent blog post on earthbound central would be just fine. You folks have done a great service to us all and I appreciate it. Earthbound was a wonderful game and a huge influence on my childhood. Mother 3 was an amazing game, i believe It has also enriched my life and my appreciation for video games.

pranavmeno said on Apr. 14, 2011

An awesome extra would be a link to Kenisu’s draft of the MOTHER 1 novel, if he’s finished with it yet…. I’m really looking forward to this awesome patch and the novel translation! Thanks so much for all your hard work!

And I guess I’ll use this post to tell everyone in the EB central community about my own projects in the realm of software… I just got my hands on an Android device again (used to develop for droid when I had a Nexus One, but I switched carriers and my parents had me donate the phone to my cousin) and right now I’m working on a MOTHER 3 soundboard. After this is finished, I’m planning on making a port of either MOTHER 1 or MOTHER 2 to Android. Which one would people enjoy more? And Mato-san, which do you think would be easier? I’ve never ported software or messed with either ROM before, so I just don’t know…

Mato said on Apr. 14, 2011

Mother 1 would be easier, by FAR. I figure people could just play the ROMs if they wanted to play the games though.

pranavmeno said on Apr. 14, 2011

Forgot to mention, but if I did finish this, it probably wouldn’t be available on Android Market. It would have to be distributed from somewhere else and have to be sideloaded onto devices. This is because I don’t want to have problems with Nintendo and have my Market account suspended πŸ™

Of course, the app would be free to download no matter where it was available πŸ™‚

pranavmeno said on Apr. 14, 2011

Alright! MOTHER 1 it is!

pranavmeno said on Apr. 14, 2011

Yeah, but it’s really annoying to have to use an on screen dpad and stuff. Besides, the port I make would be optimized to run on Android, so even slow devices would be able to play the game at a solid 60fps with no hiccups. Controls would also be redone so that there are quick buttons to access the menu and check things, etc.

pranavmeno said on Apr. 14, 2011

Also, lots of the emulators on Android market are paid apps that are pretty expensive…

G.Wicks said on Apr. 14, 2011

I personally like the fact that the English writers indulged and made Ana’s line better. I remember back in ’98 when I first played it, that line really got to me (along with queen mary’s final dialogue). I’m glad you’re keeping it!

G.Wicks said on Apr. 14, 2011

Oh wait. I just realized you’re not keeping Ana’s EB0 line. Could you please keep it? I know it does make the kids seem naive but I really like the depth it adds. It’s the only romance in the whole serious directed towards the main character.

G.Wicks said on Apr. 14, 2011

(I meant series, not serious. Darn iphone autocorrect…)

Ninji said on Apr. 14, 2011

I’m guessing a bunch of fun, MOTHER 1 themed ideas, like Word Scramble, Crossword Puzzle, Word Find, or even… A Scene creator. Yes, I can see it now, it would be like a drag and drop with sprites and text boxes!. My imagination is WAY too far-fetched πŸ˜› (Also! Connect the Dots with Kenisu’s MOTHER style of drawing the characters!!!!)

Ninji said on Apr. 14, 2011

(Double Post, aargh!) Maybe even game commentary! Or even some sort of Author’s Note by Mato and Reid! πŸ˜€

Rock said on Apr. 14, 2011

I know you don’t want to hack the game, but what about that sprite remaking thingy Jeffman was doing a while back? I’m no hacker, but he was doing pretty good.

Anonymous said on Apr. 14, 2011

It is quite strange that an NPC would mention the famicom even though the game takes place in america and they’re speaking in english. I guess it’s okay because Mother only came out for the famicom, but it still sounds weird. Maybe change it to “a nintendo game in japan” or something.

Ross said on Apr. 14, 2011

Could you do this with the Famicom and GBA games in Japanese and see which lines NOJ changed? It’d be a nice extra! πŸ™‚ More cool extras: smartphone wallpapers, the same kind of thing showing unused sprites like you did for M3, and vids of more funny glitches! πŸ™‚

Matt said on Apr. 15, 2011

So you’re dumping the better writing and sticking with “…I’m so glad”?

Jeez Tomato, are you going to take out the ability to run and everything else the localizers did to imrpove the game as well? πŸ™

Anthony said on Apr. 15, 2011

Like Phil L said :
Number of NPCs spoken to and number of gifts opened.
Something like this:
Gifts Opened : 12 / [Total number of gifts in game]

It is for me a great idea. Something like having a stat menu… with distance walk or number of time save or maybe number of monster kill….

Anthony said on Apr. 15, 2011

BOING !

pranavmeno said on Apr. 15, 2011

@Matt

This is a translation patch for Mother as Itoi intended it. I bet Mato-san is just trying to keep it as authentic as possible. Besides, the original line seems so much more fitting as something a kid would say. Ana isn’t on a nighttime soap opera…

Naja said on Apr. 15, 2011

Also @Matt, MOTHER 1+2 has indeed the running button (it’s button R on the GBA), and in fact, it’s an improved version over the EB0 one, in this one your character run, but the other NPCs remain at the same speed so it doesn’t look weird/glitchy.

I’m glad Tomato is doing an accurrate translation of the original. If you want to play EB0 with the translation provided by NOA, just play EB0.

Mato said on Apr. 15, 2011

G. Wicks: Well, part of the purpose of this project is to retranslate it from scratch, so I don’t really want to use stuff that the NOA writers just made up out of nowhere for who knows what reason :/

Rock: It’d take too much time and work, sadly. I really need to get this project finished soon.

Matt: “Better” is a subjective term, but like I said I’m going off of the original Japanese script with this project. Personally, I feel like that text is far too mushy in that context – she’s just a little girl after all. That kind of overly soap opera romance-y style might work fine in some games, but it isn’t used in the Mother games.

Matt said on Apr. 15, 2011

@ Naja

“If you want to play EB0 with the translation provided by NOA, just play EB0.”

Well seeing as it *is* still the only official, NCL-sanctioned translation..

G.Wicks said on Apr. 15, 2011

That’s fine, I just thought I’d ask πŸ™‚

Kuwanger said on Apr. 15, 2011

I’d just like to chime in some thanks as well. Thank you very much, Mato, for the Mother 3 translation and your current work on the Mother 1 translation. I really appreciate all the effort you’ve put into it and all the joy you’ve brought Mother fans.

The Great Morgil said on Apr. 15, 2011

I just thought of something: Will this translation have any swearing in it? I personally couldn’t care less, but i remember some people took offense to your decision to leave some swearing in Mother 3.

Anonymous said on Apr. 15, 2011

“Well seeing as it *is* still the only official, NCL-sanctioned translation..”

That’s true, but I bet if they released Mother 1 here, it would get a retranslation. (they won’t, though)

gBev said on Apr. 15, 2011

Mentioning ‘extras’ reminds me, are you planning on getting back to the Mother 3 translation notes and unused content analysis at some point?

wyatt said on Apr. 16, 2011

Okay, this is TOTALLY irrelevent to this. But I would like to put out that there is a kid in the movie “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs,” Who looks VERY identical to Lloyd. You can see him in the burger rain scene and a few others.

wyatt said on Apr. 16, 2011

And I am talking about the Lloyd from Mother, not Tails of Symphonia. (If any one didn’t understand)

The Great Morgil said on Apr. 16, 2011

Considering this is a thread about Mother 1 on an Earthbound themed website, i’m sure everyone knew which Lloyd you meant.

SomeUser said on Apr. 16, 2011

An extra…hmm…er…uh…

Well, I’m stumped.

Bill said on Apr. 17, 2011

I’m so excited!

LucasTizma said on Apr. 17, 2011

Mato, you seem like a hacker at heart. πŸ™‚ I think we all really appreciate all the free time you put into these projects. And I’m excited about the chance to play MOTHER 1+2. Even though it’s just a compilation, it’ll be a good excuse to play through MOTHER 1 again.

As far as extras go, I’d love to have some official translations of some of the interesting portions of the guide books, magazine interviews, etc. I’d be glad to provide you with all my printed material if you felt like sifting through some of it to translate. Maybe the Jonk/Reid/Other Super Artsy Cool People can create a nifty PDF with your translation and/or artwork from the old-school guide books/magazine articles.

LucasTizma said on Apr. 17, 2011

@The Great Morgil: That’s an interesting point about the swearing. I personally was a little taken aback, mostly because I view all things MOTHER in a very pure light. πŸ™‚ Which is also why I kinda didn’t like the topics of “Tony is Gay” from MOTHER 2 or the fact that the Magypsies are cross-dressers. But really, I think that kind of stuff is just the fringe of Itoi’s craziness/weirdness. πŸ˜›

@Mato: Was there a compelling reason not to simply use softer translations like “darn” in order to avoid swearing of any kind? Or does that violate a localizer’s purist spirit? πŸ™‚

Mike said on Apr. 17, 2011

Congratulations for the translation!

I have a question: have you considered to translate the entire game (Mother 1+2) in English by copying into the game the official earthbound translation?

Mato said on Apr. 17, 2011

Mike: It’s not that easy, if it were it would have been done long ago :/

LucasTizma: Well, I’d really like to write about it in translation notes someyear, but in the context of Kumatora, she talks very over-the-top manly/crudely/rudely (which is often the closest equivalent to swearing in Japanese), in contrast to the Magypsies in the original Japanese, who are just the opposite and over-the-top “fabulous”. I guess toning things down to “darn” *might* work, but it wouldn’t feel quite the same. That said, I can understand why it’d seem jarring, so I was (and still am) very conflicted about how to handle it. It’s not as if any of the REALLY bad swears were used, though.

The Great Morgil: I don’t think so, just because there wasn’t anything that warranted it in the original. For a short time I had “hell of a” in a line, dunno if one would consider that terrible or not, but I think it got changed during one of the polishing processes.

Mato said on Apr. 17, 2011

Started doing testing today, ran into a bug when you win an item from an enemy. It just prints this over and over for thousands of lines instead of printing the item name:

Winning items from enemies happens so infrequently that I forgot it even happened. Getting it to happen again so I can debug it will probably be annoying.

LucasTizma said on Apr. 17, 2011

@Mato: Ah, interesting. From my limited exposure to the language, it seems like a lot of Japanese “swears” can indicate a wide variety of meanings depending on context. For example, I hear γ€Œγ΅γ–γ‘γ‚‹γͺ!」from time to time in anime, but I’ve seen it translated as innocently as “You’ve got to be kidding me!” all the way to “Don’t f*** with me!” I wonder if that’s just the translator being especially vulgar, or if the phrase can take on different severity depending on how (or when) it’s used.

Mato said on Apr. 17, 2011

Yeah, it very much depends on the context. Who’s saying it, who’s it being said to, what scene is it, what’s happening in the scene, what’s the intended response, what’s the actual reaction, who’s the target audience, etc. etc. You gotta juggle all that all the time when you’re translating, it’s interesting.

Theerr1112 said on Apr. 17, 2011

i have a question
as you said in this entry you said GBA graphics are doable

is that happening still a possibility?

Mato said on Apr. 17, 2011

I don’t have the time for it, so they won’t be included in the patch. Though it’s possible it could be made into its own separate patch someday.

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 18, 2011

Hey Mato, what’s left to be done with your patch? I know there’s a to-do list, but basically everything’s crossed out, and apparently there’s still some stuff to do (namely Mother 2 stuff).

Mato said on Apr. 18, 2011

I already mentioned that I’m done with the M2 portion, I’m not going to work on that side of the game unless something crazy happens.

Right now I’m testing and fixing bugs, after that I gotta write up the readme and documentation and such. It’s still going to be a while since I just ran into an unexpected bug (see above) and might run into more.

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 18, 2011

Oh, ok. Wish I could help, but I don’t know how I could. We all hope you can finish soon!

pranavmeno said on Apr. 18, 2011

On the topic of censorship when translating, I really think that everything should be translated as the author intended it. I remember reading Huck Finn uncensored and then reading the abridged and censored version, and coming away from the latter feeling cheated of a proper Mark Twain reading experience.

Mato-san, did you censor a lot of the questionable language in MOTHER for this patch? Just wondering… I can’t remember too clearly as to whether Kumatora swears in the M3 translation or not, but I think that she does on certain occasions.

I know there are fan translations that avoid censoring all together, like the Fire Emblem: Fuin no Tsurugi patch. The bandits in that game have some colorful vocabularies that they aren’t afraid to use, and I feel that it just adds to the atmosphere the game creates. That’s why I think that censorship isn’t great in translations… It just subtracts from the experience.

pranavmeno said on Apr. 18, 2011

(double post. ugh.)

But, either way, I’m sure this patch is going to be amazing!

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 18, 2011

I was wondering about swearing when The Great Morgil brought it up. I actually was kinda thrown out of the experience when it was in there in my playthrough of Mother 3. I understood what you meant by having it in there, but it seemed less offical then what Nintendo would do and made it feel more “adult” to me. I like the charm the Mother games have in a kid-like “innocent” atmosphere that still deals with good drama and harder topics. I really wish you’d make a “censored/kid friendly” patch of M3. (hey, I know your busy and you had your reasons for only releasing a single patch, so don’t take this as ask/noobish begging) I’d like to show it to my youngest brother someday after I graduate him from the pokemon series πŸ˜‰ But, the language turns me off some for his age. I know its everywhere you look now-a-days. But its not necessary, and I don’t think its right.

Mato said on Apr. 18, 2011

pranavmeno: Like I mentioned before, as far as I can remember there isn’t anything in M1 that warrants it. I haven’t done any censoring, I generally don’t like to if I don’t have to, plus it would kind of defeat the point since I’m uncensoring stuff to begin with.

Mrstaplez: I understand where you’re coming from. What kind of time scale are we talking about here? Months from now? Years from now? I’d definitely suggest EarthBound for him first, at least.

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 19, 2011

I think years from now, unfortunatly. Unless I learn enough on how to ROM hack to make a few line changes. But, that’d be a lot of work for an itty bitty project, and I need to really gear down and focus on C++ in my limited free time.

But yeah, there’s always Earthbound! Once again Mato, thank you for all your hard work. I’m really a fan of yours!

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 19, 2011

And there’s always EarthBound Zero, too, Mrstaplez. It doesn’t have any swearing.

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 19, 2011

Yeah, but thats a little hardcore RPG for young’uns like he’ll be πŸ˜‰

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 19, 2011

Use the EB0 Easy Patch if it’s too hard. Or, use the RPGOne Mother 1+2 translation and the Easy Ring.

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 19, 2011

Lol, I mean, it’d be a bit boring for him. Graphics and all. It doesn’t matter, if we keep on talking we’re going to hijack this Mother 1 translation thread πŸ˜‰

Qiezei said on Apr. 19, 2011

This is looking really awesome. If you’re ever bored and looking for another project, how about changing all the dialogue in an RPG to Saturnese? NINTEN I LOVE YOU FOREVER LOTS! YOU SAY YES TO ME IN MY DREAMS, DAKOTA??

Rock said on Apr. 19, 2011

No, if Mato changed the whole game to Saturnese, the line would be something like
NINTEN SO GLAD I AM ZOOM
Because that’s the way Itoi intended it….

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 19, 2011

In ninty-nineteens, dark shadow came America. Married young couple went bye-bye zoom from their home. Man, George. Girl, Maria. Two years George return and Dakota! No Maria? George study, lots lots. No say why. Maria still bye-bye, never come home. Zoom Zoom! Sad.

Attacked Lamp! Ahh! 3 damage! Ninten Attack! ZOOOOOMMMMMM! 12 critical damage. Lamp go boom!

Anthony said on Apr. 20, 2011

BOING !!

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 20, 2011

^^Every town should be called “Dakota!” ;D

Dwibble said on Apr. 20, 2011

If everything was in Saturnese, and the players were all Mr. Saturns, random conversations would be so out of hand.

For instance, take the scene where you get the Magic Ribbon from the Swimming Cat on the Ground:

SCG: Here, take this Magic Ribbon.
Ana Saturn: NO BOING RIBBON HAVE ZOOM!
SCG: …But it’s from the goodness of my heart…
AS: NO HEART WANT EITHER DAKOTA

*NOTE: May not depict actual occurence of events. I’m still playing the original English translation for the NES, so my knowledge is pretty fuzzy.

Mrstaplez said on Apr. 20, 2011

lol, I wonder if Mr Saturn font is even possible with Mother 1 gba. Mato did say he tried to make it easy for others to translate, though replacing “smmmmaaaassshhhhh!” with “zzzzoooooommmmmm!” would probably be harder πŸ˜‰

^That would be an awesome fan patch/project!

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 20, 2011

Plus, you also have to think about Mother 1 having an 8×8 FWF, and Saturnese is a VWF.

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 20, 2011

Hope you finish this soon, Mato! It looks and sounds awesome!

Rock said on Apr. 20, 2011

Just wondering, Mato, did you ever got around to inserting auto-wins into the game? I hope I’m not too annoying…

Dave said on Apr. 21, 2011

I’m playing through Mother 3 now (for the first time) and can’t wait to pick this up when it’s complete. Thank you for all your hard work! I’m also enjoying the status updates.

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 21, 2011

@Rock: Well, it’s going to be very hard to implement that due to it being that you get random encounters.

Mato said on Apr. 21, 2011

Rock: no, no auto-wins in the hack.

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 21, 2011

Have you fixed that get item bug (mentioned above) yet, Mato? We’re all looking forward to you releasing the patch.

Mato said on Apr. 21, 2011

Yes, I fixed it the other day.

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 21, 2011

That’s great.

Rock said on Apr. 21, 2011

T-that means…. that… that the patch is going to be released soon…?? Oh, I’m so excited…

TheZunar123 said on Apr. 21, 2011

Me too!

Somebody said on Apr. 21, 2011

Uh… off-topic, I read the program you were using was Mother 1 funland (funtime?). Did you make it for yourself for this hack, or can you download it?

Mato said on Apr. 21, 2011

It’s a program Jeffman made, it’s basically just a fancy text editor. I’ll include it with the tools when I release the patch.

Anonymous said on Apr. 26, 2011

“Plus, you also have to think about Mother 1 having an 8Γ—8 FWF, and Saturnese is a VWF.”

not to mention the saturn font is like 32×32 lol

Dreamer said on Jun. 2, 2011

I cant get the stupid Mother funland app to work!!
i need help!!!

Mato said on Jun. 2, 2011

Giving absolutely no details to your problem makes it impossible to help you in any real manner 😐