MOTHER on MSNBC
Over the last few days I had a little bit of free time, so I used it to get a bunch of text checking/polishing done with my MOTHER 1 retranslation. Of course, it’s important to note that since this was a Famicom game originally, the original text wasn’t as snappy or interesting as the later two games. Still, I think the final patch will make the game a lot more enjoyable to players than the EB0 beta ROM. Here are some random screenshots:
I was also looking through the EB0 script to see what lines had been especially altered before the game was canceled. It’s kind of neat, here’s one where the English writers just went in and wrote Ana to be MUCH more appreciative of Ninten:
(left is the original Japanese/my translation, right is EB0 version)
Anyway, I have a few more lines to check up on, but the text polishing phase is almost over. Which will leave just the context checking and some test playthroughs to make sure I didn’t break anything or that I didn’t miss anything. I’m also hoping to get Reid and/or Jonk to design an intro screen for this patch, just like they did with the MOTHER 3 patch.
Since the patch is finally getting close to completion, I think it’d be nice to have a few little extras like we did when we released the MOTHER 3 translation (edit: like how we had that Itoi interview translation, that maniac quiz, etc.). I don’t want to do anything that’ll take a ton of time, but if anyone has suggestions, lemme know!
Other Related Posts:
96 Comments to M1+2 Translation Update (Apr. 13)
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...