EarthBound Coffee Music Live
Over the last few days I had a little bit of free time, so I used it to get a bunch of text checking/polishing done with my MOTHER 1 retranslation. Of course, it’s important to note that since this was a Famicom game originally, the original text wasn’t as snappy or interesting as the later two games. Still, I think the final patch will make the game a lot more enjoyable to players than the EB0 beta ROM. Here are some random screenshots:
I was also looking through the EB0 script to see what lines had been especially altered before the game was canceled. It’s kind of neat, here’s one where the English writers just went in and wrote Ana to be MUCH more appreciative of Ninten:
(left is the original Japanese/my translation, right is EB0 version)
Anyway, I have a few more lines to check up on, but the text polishing phase is almost over. Which will leave just the context checking and some test playthroughs to make sure I didn’t break anything or that I didn’t miss anything. I’m also hoping to get Reid and/or Jonk to design an intro screen for this patch, just like they did with the MOTHER 3 patch.
Since the patch is finally getting close to completion, I think it’d be nice to have a few little extras like we did when we released the MOTHER 3 translation (edit: like how we had that Itoi interview translation, that maniac quiz, etc.). I don’t want to do anything that’ll take a ton of time, but if anyone has suggestions, lemme know!
Other Related Posts:
96 Comments to M1+2 Translation Update (Apr. 13)
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues