Testing the MOTHER 3 v1.2 Patch Live!
Over the last few days I had a little bit of free time, so I used it to get a bunch of text checking/polishing done with my MOTHER 1 retranslation. Of course, it’s important to note that since this was a Famicom game originally, the original text wasn’t as snappy or interesting as the later two games. Still, I think the final patch will make the game a lot more enjoyable to players than the EB0 beta ROM. Here are some random screenshots:
I was also looking through the EB0 script to see what lines had been especially altered before the game was canceled. It’s kind of neat, here’s one where the English writers just went in and wrote Ana to be MUCH more appreciative of Ninten:
(left is the original Japanese/my translation, right is EB0 version)
Anyway, I have a few more lines to check up on, but the text polishing phase is almost over. Which will leave just the context checking and some test playthroughs to make sure I didn’t break anything or that I didn’t miss anything. I’m also hoping to get Reid and/or Jonk to design an intro screen for this patch, just like they did with the MOTHER 3 patch.
Since the patch is finally getting close to completion, I think it’d be nice to have a few little extras like we did when we released the MOTHER 3 translation (edit: like how we had that Itoi interview translation, that maniac quiz, etc.). I don’t want to do anything that’ll take a ton of time, but if anyone has suggestions, lemme know!
Other Related Posts:
96 Comments to M1+2 Translation Update (Apr. 13)
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.