April 5th, 2011 | EarthBound, Images, Merchandise, MOTHER 1

After many months, the steady release of official MOTHER and MOTHER 2 goodies finally came to an end in February. There were a LOT of figures and plushes released during that time, especially for such old games. I’d never seen a full set before, until Vetauciont sent this:

(click for larger size)

Holy frying pan that’s a lot of stuff 😯 According to Vetauciont, it cost about $860 to get them all and import them from Japan. The only thing missing now is that now-impossible-to-get MOTHER 2 Limited Edition Sticker Set that they only gave out to 200 super-crazy/dedicated fans. I can’t imagine what those things will start selling for 😯

Only a few of these figures/plushes are up on Game Swag right now, but you can read more about them all here. And if you happen to own any EarthBound/MOTHER merch you should post about your stuff there, I love seeing non-stock photos of this stuff 😀

26 Comments to Full EarthBound Figure Set!

Poe said on Apr. 5, 2011

Congrats, Vetauciont! You take good care of that collection~

KingDarian said on Apr. 5, 2011

Aww, I was hoping to be the first to send in a full set shot. 😛 Most of mine are still in Japan, waiting to be shipped out. I’ll still send in a picture of my full collection when I get them in. I’m not sure what my grand total is yet, but I imagine it’s somewhat close to Vetauciont’s sum. Totally worth it!

Seifer said on Apr. 5, 2011

And ladies… he’s single!

Phillofoc said on Apr. 5, 2011

Glad to know I’m not the only one who has spent a small fortune on these figurines…

Shayminguy7 said on Apr. 5, 2011

God I want these sooooooo bad. I’ll be saving for a couple years. Then more when the price skyrockets.

DBlue said on Apr. 5, 2011

I just accidentally my face.
That is amazing.

LucasTizma said on Apr. 5, 2011

@KingDarian It’s a race between us for second place. 🙂

This is really cool. Love all the red. :3

eagle0wl said on Apr. 5, 2011

Congrats! Please take care EB goodies.

Ness said on Apr. 5, 2011

I’d love to have a Mother collection that big. So far the only Mother stuff I have are Mother 1+2 and EarthBound.

Zaxtur said on Apr. 6, 2011

I’ll give you $20 and half of a PB&J for the full set.

[…] link Permalink […]

bahooney said on Apr. 6, 2011

This is really cool and everything, but $800+ for plastic? I’m sorry, but that kind of money really could’ve gone to Japan in a different way if you catch my drift. I mean, 50-100 bucks here and there for a plushy or too is one thing, but $860 is something else. I wonder if this person knows how many people are homeless because of the earthquake/tsunami.

bahooney said on Apr. 6, 2011

Sorry for the double post, but seriously. Like, I just went to Best Buy today and almost bought a bunch of things I wanted, but then I realized that every time I find myself wanting to buy something materialistic, I should just really donate it to the red cross right now. So I left without buying TRON: Legacy or the FLCL box set.

David said on Apr. 7, 2011

Well good for you, you held on to your money! I guess we should all applaud your capacity for restraint(although it doesn’t sound like you yourself made any sort of donation). Wow, that’s really impressive the more I think about it; I mean, how could anyone pass up something that irresistible?

This guy, on the other hand, made a purchase. So, just because a tsunami hit, we shouldn’t perform economic transactions with the country? Did it ever occur to you that this transaction might have provided someone in Japan with some much needed funds at the moment? Don’t be so cynical.

JoJo said on Apr. 7, 2011

Right now I have Bubble Monkey, large Poo, large Ness, small Ness, small Tracy, Mom, and King. I’m getting large Paula, large Jeff, and large Porky in the mail soon. When I’ve got those I’ll post pictures of all of them!

bahooney said on Apr. 7, 2011

@ David, obviously saying something like “the country shouldn’t perform economic transactions” is completely taking what I said out of context. I’ve donated what I can, given the fact that I’m putting myself through college and have other bills to pay. In a time of need for Japan, it’s a little selfish to be buying trivial things that are almost a grand. I guess $860 isn’t a ridiculous amount of money to spend in your eyes, but it is to some people. On plastic figurines.

$860.
On plastic figurines.
Plastic figurines.
Plastic.

Poe said on Apr. 7, 2011

C’mon, guys. Let’s not look down on anyone because of the way they’ve chosen to spend their own money.

Vetauciont said on Apr. 7, 2011

They are a nice collection to look at. This is basically the only video game memorobilia I own. I am actually second guessing my purchase considering the large amount I’ve invested into it, but oh well.

@bahooney I’m also a full-time college student with a job putting myself through college. I have saved up this money to buy this set since I own nothing relating to my favorite video game, of all time I might add. So now is the only time when people are in need? And it would be okay if I bought this before the disaster? (Which is what happened) Please, you have your beliefs on how people should spend their money, and I don’t try to change yours, but don’t paint me to be a bad guy here.

bahooney said on Apr. 7, 2011

@Vetauciont, I’m totally not intending to paint you to be the bad guy. You’re right, though, I have my own beliefs and I shouldn’t impose them on other people. My apologies.

? said on Apr. 8, 2011

It is noble to wish that everyone who spends large amounts of money on non-necessities would instead donate it to unfortunate victims of tragedy. However, there are limitless causes out there that deserve our money just as much as Japan, and there are limitless audiences for such a statement beyond tangentially-relevant nostalgic 20-somethings. In fact, there are millions of other people wasting far in excess of a single $890, and on things far more frivolous than (awesome) plastic figures.

I’m happy to see that you’ve apologized to Vetauciont, though. And there is a bright side and amusing twist to all of this: all of who opt to use our money on personal happiness (and there is nothing wrong with that) are supporting large video game companies. These large video game companies, after being given our billions of dollars, are forced to do the right thing on our behalf. The company that manufactures these figures donated millions to the victims of the earthquake/tsunami, and Nintendo, another clear beneficiary of the EarthBound fandom, did the same.

ShadowX said on Apr. 9, 2011

I remember the days when I would go to such lengths to acquire this awesome stuff. Congrats Vetauciont on completing the collection!

JoJo said on Apr. 14, 2011

Here’s two pics, I’ll post more later. Got em for a pretty good price too! (only $20 each)
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bfuXp.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ujfxs.jpg[/IMG]

lithium017 said on Apr. 15, 2011

I think I am going to try and get the Mother 2 large figure set as that is only 9 figures at maybe $25 each…still so much but so awesome!

Onion said on Apr. 16, 2011

@ShadowX

There’s still time to keep collecting 😀

Dosei-san said on Jul. 31, 2011

Lucky. I don’t have any of the figures *but I might get the Geppu/Belch figure

Furball200x said on Apr. 16, 2012

I now crown thee prince of the nerdburglars.