MOTHER 3’s 7th Anniversary
April 20th, 2011 | MOTHER 3
Today’s April 20th, which means many things for many different people – and it also marks the day MOTHER 3 was released. The game was released in 2006, so it’s five years old now. Man, has it been that long already? 😯
Looking back, we started EarthBound.Net/Starmen.Net only three and a half years after EarthBound’s release, and here we are five years after the sequel’s release. I dunno, just seems hard to believe. Someone should start a MOTHER 3-centric site someday, that’d be cool I bet.
Anyway, my question to you is: has your opinion of MOTHER 3 changed in the last five years? Has it aged well, or is it already too old-fashioned? For me, I think the best part was the wait for it after the late-2005 announcements. The game was great, but the community’s excitement at the time was really fun too. Also, I think the music has grown on me a lot since then, I remember at first I was kind of underwhelmed, but I’ve since come to appreciate the different style of the third game.
Other Related Posts:
69 Comments to Five Years of MOTHER 3
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?