Unboxing a Giant Mr. Saturn!
April 20th, 2011 | MOTHER 3
Today’s April 20th, which means many things for many different people – and it also marks the day MOTHER 3 was released. The game was released in 2006, so it’s five years old now. Man, has it been that long already? 😯
Looking back, we started EarthBound.Net/Starmen.Net only three and a half years after EarthBound’s release, and here we are five years after the sequel’s release. I dunno, just seems hard to believe. Someone should start a MOTHER 3-centric site someday, that’d be cool I bet.
Anyway, my question to you is: has your opinion of MOTHER 3 changed in the last five years? Has it aged well, or is it already too old-fashioned? For me, I think the best part was the wait for it after the late-2005 announcements. The game was great, but the community’s excitement at the time was really fun too. Also, I think the music has grown on me a lot since then, I remember at first I was kind of underwhelmed, but I’ve since come to appreciate the different style of the third game.
Other Related Posts:
69 Comments to Five Years of MOTHER 3
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic