EarthBound Crazy Enemies Code
Popular Posts:None found
My retranslation of the MOTHER 1 side of MOTHER 1+2 is nearing completion, and when I do release the patch I want the MOTHER 2 side to at least have basic menu translations. So after a bit of work I think I’ve gotten that taken care of. If you have time, it’d help a lot if people could play through the MOTHER 2 part of the game with this beta patch. Mostly I want to see if anything breaks or messes up, but if you come across any menu-ish text that isn’t translated then let me know about that too. You can download the patch here:
Important! Be sure to read the text file included with the IPS patch, it explains stuff, including how to apply the patch if you don’t know how.
Double important! A lot of text on the file select and character naming screens is still untranslated – this is because of stupendously barfy programming by whoever did the port code for that part of the game. (The text here is stored in three wildly different formats, one is actually just raw tilemap data rather than text, which is insane enough, but then they went and compressed that data for some insane reason)
Also, here’s a list of the names and items the patch uses, let me know if you can think of any better names. Note that since this is just a simple menu translation, I’ve kept all the names as close to the EarthBound names as possible in order to keep things as clear as possible for players.
- Enemy names (10 letters max per name)
- Item names (9 letters max for equippable items, 10 letters max for all else)
So if you have any free time, give the patch a whirl and let me know if you come across anything!
Other Related Posts:
161 Comments to MOTHER 2 Menu Patch Beta
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.