N.K. Cyborg Guitar Cover & More
In the Japanese version of MOTHER 3, a sign in the desert area recommends a restaurant that sells taiyaki and yakisoba. Intrepid reporter Izumi visited the restaurant a long while back and posted this about it:
I went to Naniwaya, the cafe mentioned by Tomato a few posts up. In M3 Itoi points out that Naniwaya is famous for taiyaki (sweet cakes filled with red bean paste, shaped like tai, sea bream), but the yakisoba (fried noodles with cabbage and agedama, deep-fried flour) there is really delicious. I had never eaten yakisoba with agedama it in before and it was really good; the taste wasn’t as strong as the yakisoba I’m used to.
The store wasn’t hard to find, being just a few seconds walk from exit 7 of Azabu-Juuban station on the Oedo Line (if Azabu-Juuban sounds familiar to you, it’s because this is where Sailor Moon was set I guess it is now obvious that this kind of location-hunting is a hobby of mine, haha). Cross the street right in front of the exit, and it’s on the left at the very beginning of the second block. The sign was written in English too. Seems like this is a VERY popular spot, and you actually had to call ahead or go there a few hours earlier if you wanted to do take-out. Their taiyaki is that famous. I had other places to be that afternoon so I couldn’t schedule a takeout, and I wanted the in-house experience anyway, so I went to the cafe on the second floor as ordered the yakisoba as Itoi suggests, It was really really good. <3 I highly recommend this place if you’re in the area; it’s easy walking distance from Roppongi Hills, too.
You can also see some videos of the place here:
- Detailed look at the shop with interviews and such, kinda neat
- A very quick promo video showing where to find the place
In MOTHER 2, Itoi did something similar in Fourside, which you can read about here. When they translated MOTHER 2 into English, they basically wrote the whole restaurant thing out of the script. I didn’t want to do the same with the MOTHER 3 translation though, so I kept the restaurant mention in and just localized it. That’s a topic for another day, though!
If you haven’t already, check out some of these articles about other restaurants mentioned in the MOTHER series!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to Eating at EarthBound Shops #4
- Dr.y, lol: I’m 16 too. But I’m probably not going either way, I would have to travell halfway through the globe. Have fun!
- Evil Mani Mani: http://earthbound64.blogspot.c o.uk
- Robert: I’ll be coming from Kentucky. I’ve never been on a plane before, but I’m willing to try.
- Dr.x: Even if they are not sold out yet. It will still be hard to get one.
- Dr.x: Speaking of which it seems I am not the only one who can’t go but I am a teenager but is there an age limit to this? Other than my age...