Itoi & Miyamoto MOTHER 3 Interview from 1999
A long time ago, a bunch of EarthBound fan sleuths found some neat stuff on various international patent/trademark sites. Here are some trademark and logo things that I managed to dig up from the old forum threads:
Here are some of the logos submitted to the Japanese trademark office, the one on the right was the one they used in the end.
You can see these here, you need to first click the “Japanese Trademark Database” link, then type “mother” into the search box and then hit the “SEARCH” button, then hit the “INDEX” button. It looks like there’s a revised trademark (and possibly logo) that was submitted in 2005 too. I didn’t do a thorough look, so maybe there’s more.
Earth Bound (NES) trademarks/titles
- NOA filed for the name “Mother”, which you can see here.
- NOA also filed for the name “Space Bound”, which you can see here.
- And then there’s NOA’s filing for the name “Earth Bound”, which you can see here.
You can find these on the USPTO site here. There might be even more stuff of interest, so check it out sometime!
There’s also more info about all this stuff in this old forum thread, but I don’t think I was able to salvage all the pics/info from there. I also seem to recall other logos being discovered, so if you happen to remember what I’m talking about or if you come across any more info, lemme know!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Earth Bound Trademarks and Logos
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues