EarthBound Misspellings & Mistakes
A long time ago, a bunch of EarthBound fan sleuths found some neat stuff on various international patent/trademark sites. Here are some trademark and logo things that I managed to dig up from the old forum threads:
Here are some of the logos submitted to the Japanese trademark office, the one on the right was the one they used in the end.
You can see these here, you need to first click the “Japanese Trademark Database” link, then type “mother” into the search box and then hit the “SEARCH” button, then hit the “INDEX” button. It looks like there’s a revised trademark (and possibly logo) that was submitted in 2005 too. I didn’t do a thorough look, so maybe there’s more.
Earth Bound (NES) trademarks/titles
- NOA filed for the name “Mother”, which you can see here.
- NOA also filed for the name “Space Bound”, which you can see here.
- And then there’s NOA’s filing for the name “Earth Bound”, which you can see here.
You can find these on the USPTO site here. There might be even more stuff of interest, so check it out sometime!
There’s also more info about all this stuff in this old forum thread, but I don’t think I was able to salvage all the pics/info from there. I also seem to recall other logos being discovered, so if you happen to remember what I’m talking about or if you come across any more info, lemme know!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Earth Bound Trademarks and Logos
- Anonymous: The only thing that really was a mess up on the US version (not counting the censorship) was the change they did to the Magicant cave....
- Nintendo of America: Most of the Forest Prayer Sanctuary is obscured by a hill with trees, as well as the stone ‘bed’ near it. In...
- Nintendo of America: If EarthBound Forever After was on SNES?
- Gina: MOTHER 3 N64DD Soundfonts plus Kiirobomber rules.There’s curious effect in FL Studio displaying accords if somebody download music...
- Hendricks266: I’ve added a 7-Zip archive containing the MIDI and SF2 data extracted using the GBAmusRiper [sic] tool in 2012. You may have...