EarthBound Battle Music Cover
The wonder-translator Chewy suddenly appeared with some more interesting stuff for EarthBound fans!
A lot of people outside of Japan think Shigesato Itoi is a novelist, but he is/was mostly just a copywriter. One of the most famous Japanese copywriters, at that. Luckily, Chewy has researched the subject and written a nice article about Itoi and his history as a copywriter, which you can read here.
Nowadays he mostly just manages his company/site – like Chewy explains in her article, the golden era of Japanese copywriting is long over. The MOTHER/EarthBound games were mostly just like a side project during his career, video games were never the main focus of his work but more of a path along his work. Anyway, hopefully this article will help explain what it is he used to do that made him so famous!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Copywriting
Featured Item on eBay:
Nintendo Game Boy MOTHER 3 MICRO Console System Brand new Deluxe Box OXY001 2205
- Nicho-Mania: The one thing I know is that these rom-production sellers must be really good at ips-patching, as I’ve tried day and night to...
- FlyingManCourage: Honestly, I’m not really against reproductions, as long as they are honestly represented as such. I know some people...
- Max: I also remember seeing a few repros on Mother 25th Anniversary Edition.
- Neo: Those guys have no shame? Selling repro cartridges based in a old romhack?
- socksmusicalcat: Wouldn’t these encounter the pirate detection issues, or did the ‘uncut’ romhack fix that?