Sweet 33 & EarthBound Inspirations
The wonder-translator Chewy suddenly appeared with some more interesting stuff for EarthBound fans!
A lot of people outside of Japan think Shigesato Itoi is a novelist, but he is/was mostly just a copywriter. One of the most famous Japanese copywriters, at that. Luckily, Chewy has researched the subject and written a nice article about Itoi and his history as a copywriter, which you can read here.
Nowadays he mostly just manages his company/site – like Chewy explains in her article, the golden era of Japanese copywriting is long over. The MOTHER/EarthBound games were mostly just like a side project during his career, video games were never the main focus of his work but more of a path along his work. Anyway, hopefully this article will help explain what it is he used to do that made him so famous!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Copywriting
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 mini figure strap x7 pcs set Takara Japan
- Mato: Nice, the Kickstarter made it to the stretch goal! I gotta write a book now Jason: It’s legit, but it’s not public yet because...
- G: don’t get me or hate me for this but I am one of those people that don’t like this project. Just saying this is my opinion
- Anonymous: Donated mostly just for this (the Handbook is cool too). I’d buy a Final Fantasy IV Localization book in a millisecond, I can...
- Kodinami: I’m so psyched for this game! When I actually found out about this game, I was so surprised to find that these people have been...
- Jason: I just wanted to ask about the LoZ: Link Between Worlds image. Is that simply a mock-up, or have you done a comparison of that too? I...