Return of the EB Zero Prototype
The wonder-translator Chewy suddenly appeared with some more interesting stuff for EarthBound fans!
A lot of people outside of Japan think Shigesato Itoi is a novelist, but he is/was mostly just a copywriter. One of the most famous Japanese copywriters, at that. Luckily, Chewy has researched the subject and written a nice article about Itoi and his history as a copywriter, which you can read here.
Nowadays he mostly just manages his company/site – like Chewy explains in her article, the golden era of Japanese copywriting is long over. The MOTHER/EarthBound games were mostly just like a side project during his career, video games were never the main focus of his work but more of a path along his work. Anyway, hopefully this article will help explain what it is he used to do that made him so famous!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Copywriting
- Hp Shout: Mind. Blown. … … … … … BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
- CountessGardevoir: Interesting
- FZ64: @Anonymous I didn’t hear about making MOTHER 3 so we might not any time soon (I have been working on New Pork not on the server yet due...
- Baptiste Faussat: If Nintendo releases a 3D remake of EarthBound, it would look exactly like that!
- Sunnymoon: NOW I have a reason to play Minecraft. That’s amazing job here!