Natural Killer Giygas
The wonder-translator Chewy suddenly appeared with some more interesting stuff for EarthBound fans!
A lot of people outside of Japan think Shigesato Itoi is a novelist, but he is/was mostly just a copywriter. One of the most famous Japanese copywriters, at that. Luckily, Chewy has researched the subject and written a nice article about Itoi and his history as a copywriter, which you can read here.
Nowadays he mostly just manages his company/site – like Chewy explains in her article, the golden era of Japanese copywriting is long over. The MOTHER/EarthBound games were mostly just like a side project during his career, video games were never the main focus of his work but more of a path along his work. Anyway, hopefully this article will help explain what it is he used to do that made him so famous!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Copywriting
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...