Appreciating MOTHER 2′s Box
The wonder-translator Chewy suddenly appeared with some more interesting stuff for EarthBound fans!
A lot of people outside of Japan think Shigesato Itoi is a novelist, but he is/was mostly just a copywriter. One of the most famous Japanese copywriters, at that. Luckily, Chewy has researched the subject and written a nice article about Itoi and his history as a copywriter, which you can read here.
Nowadays he mostly just manages his company/site – like Chewy explains in her article, the golden era of Japanese copywriting is long over. The MOTHER/EarthBound games were mostly just like a side project during his career, video games were never the main focus of his work but more of a path along his work. Anyway, hopefully this article will help explain what it is he used to do that made him so famous!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Copywriting
- MikAve94: The subtleties of sarcasm goes over some people’s heads. Oh well, to their own.
- AwelCruiz: Yahtzee doesn’t have a bias against Nintendo. If anything, he doesn’t have a PRO Nintendo bias, since he didn’t grow...
- Mato: Yeah, I planned to make that a separate update, actually. I have lots of stuff to catch up with
- Mesousa: You should’ve mentioned Stephen’s semi-blind lp of Mother that he just started: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Hzr9yYlyMuk...
- Hyperstar96: @Queue A review is supposed to use reasoning and logic to explain one’s views. Yahtzee constantly violates his own opinions on...