Mini-Update Megathon #9
The wonder-translator Chewy suddenly appeared with some more interesting stuff for EarthBound fans!
A lot of people outside of Japan think Shigesato Itoi is a novelist, but he is/was mostly just a copywriter. One of the most famous Japanese copywriters, at that. Luckily, Chewy has researched the subject and written a nice article about Itoi and his history as a copywriter, which you can read here.
Nowadays he mostly just manages his company/site – like Chewy explains in her article, the golden era of Japanese copywriting is long over. The MOTHER/EarthBound games were mostly just like a side project during his career, video games were never the main focus of his work but more of a path along his work. Anyway, hopefully this article will help explain what it is he used to do that made him so famous!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Copywriting
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Hisshou Kouryaku Game Guide Kanzen Book Japan Famicom RARE JN*
- Mother2fan: Since 1889, bitch!
- game4brains: To clarify my statement on the graphics being “awful”, I’m referring to how the GBA’s lack of a backlight...
- Anonymous: @Lloyd Jeffney Thanks for clarifying that.
- Lloyd Jeffney: @Anonymous There wasn’t a problem with the Octopus statue, it’s just in Japan it was used for a pun that would not work...
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...