Snowman in EarthBound Form
Popular Posts:None found
Disclaimer: this is not a beta patch of the translation, it’s for testing some of the other features that will be included in the final translation.
I’ve posted about it before, but my translation of MOTHER 1 in MOTHER 1+2 will feature an item called an “Easy Ring”, which greatly increases the money and experience you gain from enemies while also decreasing the amount of random battles. Until now, I had stuck the item inside a gift box in Ninten’s basement, but that meant you couldn’t get the original item inside. So I decided to add an entirely new gift box into Ninten’s room (where the game starts).
It took me many days, but I finally managed to get a gift box in there and get it to work. The problem is that I had to do a lot of data reshuffling, which is ripe for producing bugs and glitches. I think I’ve taken care of most of them, but it’ll help a lot if fellow fans could thoroughly play through the entire game with these changes to see if anything’s been broken or messed up. So I made a small IPS patch.
Besides the Easy Ring stuff, this patch includes a few other things:
- Uncensored graphics – I’m hoping people can also look for any graphics or other stuff I might’ve missed
- Some graphical changes – like the ATM sprite and some of the startup graphical text
- The enemy battle sound/player battle sound bug has been fixed
If you have time to play through the game to see if any issues have popped up, you can download the test patch here. Again, it doesn’t translate the game’s text. You can probably apply the patch to an existing M1+2 translation, but it’s probably safest not to, since that might introduce other bugs. It’ll also help me a LOT more if you use the game’s built-in saving/loading functions rather than emulator save states.
If anyone can help out, I’ll add you to the readme file for the final translation patch and give you a custom user sprite here if you have an EB Central account. Your custom user sprites need to be 32×32 exactly.
Also, let me know if the Easy Ring makes things TOO easy or if it needs to be less easy. The algorithm hasn’t changed since last time, but it never hurts to get more user feedback 😀
EDIT: Oh yeah, here’s something I got while doing some early work on this a few days ago:
That’d make a great enemy!
Other Related Posts:
119 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Test Patch #2
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.