Japanese MOTHER 2 Food Gallery
February 13th, 2011 | MOTHER 1+2
I’d always vaguely known that when they localized EarthBound Zero, they had changed part of the Magicant caves. I had always heard they made it harder, but I guess I remembered wrong – they made the room a lot less complicated. So just now I decided to go and see how different they are for sure. Here’s what they’re laid out like:
Original Famicom version on the left, NES prototype/MOTHER 1+2 version on the right.
Apparently the dragon is located in the far bottom right in the Famicom version, making it very easy to overlook him/realize he even exists. So I guess that’s why they stick the dragon in a place you can’t miss in the EB0 version. There might have been other presents too, but I don’t really have the time to go in and play the game to find out for sure. Anyone know?
For the MOTHER 1 retranslation, should I put the original map back in, or should it be left as the EB0 version? I’m pretty sure adding it back will be easy enough, I just don’t know what you guys would prefer.
Thanks to DJMankiwitz for reminding me of that difference!
Other Related Posts:
92 Comments to EB0 vs. MOTHER 1 Magicant Caves
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...