3D Moonside in Second Life
February 13th, 2011 | MOTHER 1+2
I’d always vaguely known that when they localized EarthBound Zero, they had changed part of the Magicant caves. I had always heard they made it harder, but I guess I remembered wrong – they made the room a lot less complicated. So just now I decided to go and see how different they are for sure. Here’s what they’re laid out like:
Original Famicom version on the left, NES prototype/MOTHER 1+2 version on the right.
Apparently the dragon is located in the far bottom right in the Famicom version, making it very easy to overlook him/realize he even exists. So I guess that’s why they stick the dragon in a place you can’t miss in the EB0 version. There might have been other presents too, but I don’t really have the time to go in and play the game to find out for sure. Anyone know?
For the MOTHER 1 retranslation, should I put the original map back in, or should it be left as the EB0 version? I’m pretty sure adding it back will be easy enough, I just don’t know what you guys would prefer.
Thanks to DJMankiwitz for reminding me of that difference!
Other Related Posts:
92 Comments to EB0 vs. MOTHER 1 Magicant Caves
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...