The MOTHER 3 E-mail
February 15th, 2011 | EarthBound
The Smithsonian American Art Museum is going to have a video game exhibit next year, and there’s a site up to vote for which games should make the cut. One of the games is EarthBound, so if you’d like to try to get EarthBound some extra recognition as a video game that’s art, be sure to vote here! Voting ends in a few weeks.
In terms of art and art creation, I always found it neat how EarthBound was one of the earlier Nintendo games to have intentionally stylized graphics (Wind Waker being the most famous example probably), the musicians in the game were both accomplished musicians outside of gaming, the game was written by a famous writer, etc. And it all came together in a neat package.
Anyway, it looks like EarthBound is up against Zelda: A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger, which probably puts EarthBound squarely in the underdog position. Still, it’s really cool that it’s been nominated in the first place!
Other Related Posts:
69 Comments to EarthBound in a Museum!
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.