Relaxing with Mr. Saturn
February 15th, 2011 | EarthBound
The Smithsonian American Art Museum is going to have a video game exhibit next year, and there’s a site up to vote for which games should make the cut. One of the games is EarthBound, so if you’d like to try to get EarthBound some extra recognition as a video game that’s art, be sure to vote here! Voting ends in a few weeks.
In terms of art and art creation, I always found it neat how EarthBound was one of the earlier Nintendo games to have intentionally stylized graphics (Wind Waker being the most famous example probably), the musicians in the game were both accomplished musicians outside of gaming, the game was written by a famous writer, etc. And it all came together in a neat package.
Anyway, it looks like EarthBound is up against Zelda: A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger, which probably puts EarthBound squarely in the underdog position. Still, it’s really cool that it’s been nominated in the first place!
Other Related Posts:
69 Comments to EarthBound in a Museum!
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?