Radiohead is EarthBound
February 15th, 2011 | EarthBound
The Smithsonian American Art Museum is going to have a video game exhibit next year, and there’s a site up to vote for which games should make the cut. One of the games is EarthBound, so if you’d like to try to get EarthBound some extra recognition as a video game that’s art, be sure to vote here! Voting ends in a few weeks.
In terms of art and art creation, I always found it neat how EarthBound was one of the earlier Nintendo games to have intentionally stylized graphics (Wind Waker being the most famous example probably), the musicians in the game were both accomplished musicians outside of gaming, the game was written by a famous writer, etc. And it all came together in a neat package.
Anyway, it looks like EarthBound is up against Zelda: A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger, which probably puts EarthBound squarely in the underdog position. Still, it’s really cool that it’s been nominated in the first place!
Other Related Posts:
69 Comments to EarthBound in a Museum!
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...