MOTHER Remake Hack: Title Screen Music
A few years back I had started a neat little personal project to try to recreate EarthBound Zero using the EarthBound ROM. It stalled mostly due to the various map editors corrupting my data like crazy, but recently some folks on the PK Hack board have been looking into picking up the project themselves. You can see more info here.
Anyway, the most impressive stuff I’ve seen so far is the map work. For example, here’s an alpha version of Snowman, the town where you get Ana (and where everyone gives you a cold, doh):
click for larger version
Food_Eater did that map, and I gotta say, that’s some really awesome work! Editing EarthBound maps is pure hell, so this is really impressive work. If the PK Hack guys do decided to go through with this project, it’s going to take a REALLY long time and take a whole ton of work and organization. But man, it’d definitely be awesome to see it come to fruition someday 😀
Incidentally, if you want to see my really early work (just a few weeks’ worth) and try out a patch of what I got up and running, see my old post here.
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Snowman in EarthBound Form
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?