Localization Book Poll
A few years back I had started a neat little personal project to try to recreate EarthBound Zero using the EarthBound ROM. It stalled mostly due to the various map editors corrupting my data like crazy, but recently some folks on the PK Hack board have been looking into picking up the project themselves. You can see more info here.
Anyway, the most impressive stuff I’ve seen so far is the map work. For example, here’s an alpha version of Snowman, the town where you get Ana (and where everyone gives you a cold, doh):
click for larger version
Food_Eater did that map, and I gotta say, that’s some really awesome work! Editing EarthBound maps is pure hell, so this is really impressive work. If the PK Hack guys do decided to go through with this project, it’s going to take a REALLY long time and take a whole ton of work and organization. But man, it’d definitely be awesome to see it come to fruition someday 😀
Incidentally, if you want to see my really early work (just a few weeks’ worth) and try out a patch of what I got up and running, see my old post here.
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Snowman in EarthBound Form
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.