EarthBound 64 Enemy Designer Interview
A few years back I had started a neat little personal project to try to recreate EarthBound Zero using the EarthBound ROM. It stalled mostly due to the various map editors corrupting my data like crazy, but recently some folks on the PK Hack board have been looking into picking up the project themselves. You can see more info here.
Anyway, the most impressive stuff I’ve seen so far is the map work. For example, here’s an alpha version of Snowman, the town where you get Ana (and where everyone gives you a cold, doh):
click for larger version
Food_Eater did that map, and I gotta say, that’s some really awesome work! Editing EarthBound maps is pure hell, so this is really impressive work. If the PK Hack guys do decided to go through with this project, it’s going to take a REALLY long time and take a whole ton of work and organization. But man, it’d definitely be awesome to see it come to fruition someday 😀
Incidentally, if you want to see my really early work (just a few weeks’ worth) and try out a patch of what I got up and running, see my old post here.
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Snowman in EarthBound Form
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic