EarthBound Zero Game-Breaking Bug
A few years back I had started a neat little personal project to try to recreate EarthBound Zero using the EarthBound ROM. It stalled mostly due to the various map editors corrupting my data like crazy, but recently some folks on the PK Hack board have been looking into picking up the project themselves. You can see more info here.
Anyway, the most impressive stuff I’ve seen so far is the map work. For example, here’s an alpha version of Snowman, the town where you get Ana (and where everyone gives you a cold, doh):
click for larger version
Food_Eater did that map, and I gotta say, that’s some really awesome work! Editing EarthBound maps is pure hell, so this is really impressive work. If the PK Hack guys do decided to go through with this project, it’s going to take a REALLY long time and take a whole ton of work and organization. But man, it’d definitely be awesome to see it come to fruition someday 😀
Incidentally, if you want to see my really early work (just a few weeks’ worth) and try out a patch of what I got up and running, see my old post here.
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Snowman in EarthBound Form
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...