Man’s Ultimate Friend
Yikes, it’s been a long while since I made a post specifically about the MOTHER 1+2 project 😯
Like I’ve mentioned in lots of past updates/comments, I’ve been really busy these past many months and can’t really afford to put much time into hobby work anymore – I haven’t even had time to update EB Central as much as I used to 🙁 So my M1+2 project’s been pretty much at a standstill since my last update about it.
I did start tinkering with it again over the holidays and I really want to continue with it – I’ve even got a strong itch to work on the MOTHER 2 part. MOTHER 3 was crazy exhausting though, I don’t know if I can do another project of that size anytime soon.
Anyway, since it’s been a while since the last M1+2 update, I decided to record an impromptu video of the part I’m at in my first alpha test playthrough:
Keep in mind none of the text has been polished or tested for context (in fact, this is the first time seeing this text working in the game myself), so forgive any weird phrasing or such.
And some random early screens:
Two main things remain to be done, polishing up the text and finishing various hacking. It’s going to be kind of slow, but I’m going to try to do a little bit at a time when I can. I’ll also try to post more updates about the progress 😛
I haven’t decided what to do about various naming issues, but I’ll continue to check through the comments here as I come across names in the script.
Other Related Posts:
79 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Translation Status
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...