EarthBound Reshuffler 1.0 Released
Popular Posts:None found
A little bit each day for the past few days I’ve worked on the M1+2 project a tiny bit more. It’s not much, but here’s a small update.
The big news is that I finally played all the way through the game with the current alpha script. Along the way, I fixed the text wherever possible – a lot of it was mostly context issues because the game’s script is pretty much in random order, so it was impossible to know who says what, when, and where. I also fixed a few trouble spots.
I wish I had $Teddy, I’d be set for life
There, that’s better
Most of all, this run was a way for me to see what other stuff needed hacking/translating. Looks like a lot of stuff near the end will need attention, particularly the final battle. But overall I’m pleased with how it’s turning out.
Still got stuff here and there to fix
Watch out, it’s coming back!
While I was at it, I decided to take a stab at a bug the original GBA game had. The programmers had accidentally messed up and switched the enemy attack sound and the player attack sound. It was always really annoying, so I went into the ROM several times to try to fix it. I finally managed to fix it last night, after a bit of good luck and some educated guesses. Here’s a before and after, it might not seem like much, but playing the whole game with the sounds reversed was really weird. Hearing it right makes it so much nicer.
I haven’t fully tested it though, so if anyone with spare time wants to try it out and see if it’s fully fixed the problem, here’s a patch that fixes the sound problem:
I gotta say, after getting through that horrible Duncan’s Factory, the game was a real breeze with the Easy Ring on. I think the final version, whenever it’s done, will make it a lot easier for reluctant fans to check out the game and get further into the game than they normally would. It’s definitely tough trying to go back to such an old game nowadays, my hope is that this project will help ease that “old game shock”.
Other Related Posts:
63 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Trans. Update (Jan. 16)
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.