GameStop Has Some EarthBound Stuff
January 28th, 2011 | Itoi
The MOTHER series’ creator Shigesato Itoi was once a well-known heavy smoker – on some days he’d smoke as many as 80 cigarettes a day! He finally quit in 2003 – not long after MOTHER 1+2’s release – and starting from the second day he wrote in a personal diary about his experiences giving up smoking. Being such a heavy smoker and a good writer, the stuff he had wrote about the subject while going through it is supposedly really poignant and something other people in the situation can relate to.
Anyway, he wrote in it every day for nearly two months, and after that he gradually forgot about it over time. The topic of quitting smoking has come up a lot lately, and he was reminded of his diary. It was originally just a personal thing he did for himself, but he felt it’d be helpful or insightful for other people wanting to quit, so he decided to put it into electronic book form. It’s all in Japanese so obviously I wouldn’t recommend buying it, but you can see his page about it here. An app version for iPad/iPod/etc. is available, or people can get it in PDF form too.
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Itoi’s Book about Quitting Smoking
Featured Item on eBay:
Rare MOTHER 2 Doseisan Plush doll With trash box NEW Free ship
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues