Weekly Round-Up #27
January 28th, 2011 | Itoi
The MOTHER series’ creator Shigesato Itoi was once a well-known heavy smoker – on some days he’d smoke as many as 80 cigarettes a day! He finally quit in 2003 – not long after MOTHER 1+2’s release – and starting from the second day he wrote in a personal diary about his experiences giving up smoking. Being such a heavy smoker and a good writer, the stuff he had wrote about the subject while going through it is supposedly really poignant and something other people in the situation can relate to.
Anyway, he wrote in it every day for nearly two months, and after that he gradually forgot about it over time. The topic of quitting smoking has come up a lot lately, and he was reminded of his diary. It was originally just a personal thing he did for himself, but he felt it’d be helpful or insightful for other people wanting to quit, so he decided to put it into electronic book form. It’s all in Japanese so obviously I wouldn’t recommend buying it, but you can see his page about it here. An app version for iPad/iPod/etc. is available, or people can get it in PDF form too.
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Itoi’s Book about Quitting Smoking
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...