The Completionist: EarthBound
January 28th, 2011 | Itoi
The MOTHER series’ creator Shigesato Itoi was once a well-known heavy smoker – on some days he’d smoke as many as 80 cigarettes a day! He finally quit in 2003 – not long after MOTHER 1+2’s release – and starting from the second day he wrote in a personal diary about his experiences giving up smoking. Being such a heavy smoker and a good writer, the stuff he had wrote about the subject while going through it is supposedly really poignant and something other people in the situation can relate to.
Anyway, he wrote in it every day for nearly two months, and after that he gradually forgot about it over time. The topic of quitting smoking has come up a lot lately, and he was reminded of his diary. It was originally just a personal thing he did for himself, but he felt it’d be helpful or insightful for other people wanting to quit, so he decided to put it into electronic book form. It’s all in Japanese so obviously I wouldn’t recommend buying it, but you can see his page about it here. An app version for iPad/iPod/etc. is available, or people can get it in PDF form too.
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Itoi’s Book about Quitting Smoking
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.