Mini-Update Megathon #6
Been a while since I last posted about an EarthBound hack! This latest one is called “Colinbound Infina’s Invasion” and is a pretty-heavily hacked version of the game – nearly all of the plot and text has been changed, not to mention the usual stuff like new enemies, places, events, etc. It took DarkUmbreon a few years to complete it.
Here’s a short video of the game in action:
And a few quick pics:
You can read more about the hack and find the latest version of the ROM patch here. You can also download the current (as of Dec. 26, 2010) patch here:
Sometimes EarthBound hack patches are tough to get working right, so if you’re having trouble getting this patch to work, try using the Easy EarthBound Patcher.
If you find any bugs or if you have any thoughts about the hack, just post ’em here 😀
Other Related Posts:
44 Comments to New EarthBound Hack: Colinbound
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...