M2EB Update: Fourside 2
Catterick sent in some scans from UK gaming magazines the other day:
I saw you were looking for scans from magazines relating to Earthbound, so I thought I’d send these. They’re from Issue 132 of Nintendo Official Magazine UK (later renamed Official Nintendo Magazine) and date from September 2003. They did a preview on Mother 1+2, though you can see they didn’t have much hope for it reaching us here in Britain. In the same issue there was a feature on the 100 greatest Nintendo games as voted for by readers of the magazine, where Earthbound suprisingly came in at 37. I included the page it appears on, plus a “Top 10″ breakdown snippet from the opposite page showing it was the 3rd highest Nintendo RPG on the list.
You can see the scans here:
I really like magazine articles and such about EarthBound, so if you’ve come across any that I haven’t posted on the site yet, lemme know
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to EarthBound in More UK Magazines
- WorldBound: I’m not sayin’ Nintendo’s wrong!
- Staremen: Honestly anyone who is saying Nintendo is “wrong” for doing this just dont understand. Promoting ROMS on Nintendo’s own...
- WorldBound: Y’all are probably gonna hate me for this, but would anyone be interested in joining Operation WorldBound? We’re a fangroup...
- DJMankiewitz: Always good stuff. I hope this was translated from the original Japanese instead of the English translation. I have a pretty strong...
- PKGaming: “Settle for Ness”???? Maaaaan, Ness is amazing! He’s higher on the tier list in Smash 4 than he’s ever been....