MOTHER 3’s Sunflower Fields in 3D
Catterick sent in some scans from UK gaming magazines the other day:
I saw you were looking for scans from magazines relating to Earthbound, so I thought I’d send these. They’re from Issue 132 of Nintendo Official Magazine UK (later renamed Official Nintendo Magazine) and date from September 2003. They did a preview on Mother 1+2, though you can see they didn’t have much hope for it reaching us here in Britain. In the same issue there was a feature on the 100 greatest Nintendo games as voted for by readers of the magazine, where Earthbound suprisingly came in at 37. I included the page it appears on, plus a “Top 10” breakdown snippet from the opposite page showing it was the 3rd highest Nintendo RPG on the list.
You can see the scans here:
I really like magazine articles and such about EarthBound, so if you’ve come across any that I haven’t posted on the site yet, lemme know 😀
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to EarthBound in More UK Magazines
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Player's Guide Super Nintendo SNES Strategy Guide
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues