Japanese Escargo Express
Catterick sent in some scans from UK gaming magazines the other day:
I saw you were looking for scans from magazines relating to Earthbound, so I thought I’d send these. They’re from Issue 132 of Nintendo Official Magazine UK (later renamed Official Nintendo Magazine) and date from September 2003. They did a preview on Mother 1+2, though you can see they didn’t have much hope for it reaching us here in Britain. In the same issue there was a feature on the 100 greatest Nintendo games as voted for by readers of the magazine, where Earthbound suprisingly came in at 37. I included the page it appears on, plus a “Top 10″ breakdown snippet from the opposite page showing it was the 3rd highest Nintendo RPG on the list.
You can see the scans here:
I really like magazine articles and such about EarthBound, so if you’ve come across any that I haven’t posted on the site yet, lemme know
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to EarthBound in More UK Magazines
- Jimshrimp: I like the pixel version more actually, it seems more authentic to the series, also like was brought up it’s probably less taxing...
- BhekzinTARI: What’s really going on in this world people?
- EBisumaru: The flying men are OP. Also, I don’t know how you enjoy any of these stages, EpicJackman. They’re mostly terrible.
- DJMankiewicz: Video games have hit the MAIN stream now!
- Bakersfield: I think Lucas is going to be DLC Oniglut