Japan Wants a MOTHER Movie
Catterick sent in some scans from UK gaming magazines the other day:
I saw you were looking for scans from magazines relating to Earthbound, so I thought I’d send these. They’re from Issue 132 of Nintendo Official Magazine UK (later renamed Official Nintendo Magazine) and date from September 2003. They did a preview on Mother 1+2, though you can see they didn’t have much hope for it reaching us here in Britain. In the same issue there was a feature on the 100 greatest Nintendo games as voted for by readers of the magazine, where Earthbound suprisingly came in at 37. I included the page it appears on, plus a “Top 10″ breakdown snippet from the opposite page showing it was the 3rd highest Nintendo RPG on the list.
You can see the scans here:
I really like magazine articles and such about EarthBound, so if you’ve come across any that I haven’t posted on the site yet, lemme know
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to EarthBound in More UK Magazines
- tintinophile691: Man, it’s been a while since I posted here. This is the first of two patches I have used which attempts to restore censored...
- Okay!: Seeing stuff like this makes me glad I check up on Earthboundcentral every once in a while. All the music on this youtube channel is great!
- Robert: It’s very cool how you guys came up with original names for the less interesting characters. You did a great job. If nintendo ever...
- crabbyRhys: This was a really cool interview! It makes me want to do something highlighting some of the games that had a big impact on me. Also, if...
- Xi: I’m really looking forward to future chapters of the Mother 3 translation notes. Thanks for all of your hard work!