Battle of the MOTHER Bands!
December 8th, 2010 | Itoi
On his Twitter account just a little while ago, series creator Shigesato Itoi posted this, which I’ve roughly translated into English. Keep in mind that you can say a lot more in a single Japanese tweet than in English 😛
That there are so many people who love the MOTHER games even now makes me very happy and very grateful. I consider all the things these players have gone on to create on their own to be countless sequels [to the series].
At first glance, it might sound like he’s talking about fan games, but he’s actually talking about in general – just anything anyone’s ever made after playing the games, even stuff that’s not related to the games.
It’s rare of Itoi to mention the games anymore, so this is nice to hear 😀
Update: The tweet right before that one was also interesting. It said:
Oh, I just heard someone say Yokohama Arena was a lot of fun. I happened to be in a long meeting the entire time with Mr. Iwata and Mr. Miyamoto of Nintendo!
I wonder what they talked about to lead to him making his next few MOTHER-related tweets.
Other Related Posts:
45 Comments to A Message from Shigesato Itoi
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.