November 12th, 2010 | EarthBound, Merchandise, MOTHER 3

Jesse e-mailed to let me know that 15-Bit Gamer is selling some unofficial Runaway Five and DCMC shirts:

If you’re interested, see here:

These shirts won’t turn you into mosaic-like pixels. I think.

16 Comments to Unofficial EarthBound Band T-shirts

TMF128 said on Nov. 12, 2010

If I ever run into any pigmasks, that DCMC shirt will be a life-saver.

LucasTizma said on Nov. 12, 2010

Not enough MOTHER 1 LOVE. 🙁

ShirowWolf said on Nov. 12, 2010

How come the models’ bodies are….blurred? Is it to protect their identities, even though we can’t see the faces? Haw-haw!

Jungyin said on Nov. 12, 2010

I don’t think MOTHER 1 had a band though, other than Ninten and co., but they didn’t have a name that would look good on a T-shirt.

15 BIT GAMER said on Nov. 13, 2010

Thanks for the post, happy to see you like the shirts!

I am ashamed to admit that I have yet to play Mother 1; it would feel insincere to make a shirt based on a game I never played. Maybe I’ll have to fix that sometime soon…

Also, I set up a discount code for everyone from EB Central, just enter the obvious “EBCENTRAL” in your cart for an easy 10% off.

Thanks again, let me know if you have any questions!

Ninji said on Nov. 13, 2010

Awesome. I’m pretty sure you must know by now, 15 Bit Gamer, but, you’re going into heavy competition with the well known Fangamer if you’re gonna put EarthBound shirts on the Internet Market. Sorry if I’m sounding like a total a**hole, but, just a heads-up. @Jungyin, “Ninten and the Gang” would look pretty good on a T-shirt, or Ninten and Co., or Ninten and Friends.

ravenumbreon said on Nov. 13, 2010

I so want the DCMC one

LakituAl said on Nov. 13, 2010

Somehow I can’t help but to think of Beavis and Butthead wearing these…

“Nwehe… hehehehehehe… a walking bushie!”
“Let’s like… hit it or something!”

[…] Grab yours here Permalink […]

Oliver said on Nov. 14, 2010

It’s nice that these exist but I’d much rather support Fangamer’s business when it comes to Earthbound gear. Especially since they also have a Runaway 5 shirt for sale (that more cleverly avoids copyright infringement). The 15-Bit Gamer operation just looks very amateur in comparison and the folks at Fangamer really go out of their way to provide the best for their customers with freebies and themed packaging, so my money is with the latter.

15 BIT GAMER said on Nov. 14, 2010

Thanks for the feedback Oliver, and thanks for checking out the shirts.

We’re actually huge fans of Fangamer! I’m personally a proud owner of the Mother 3 Handbook, and they have been a great inspiration to us, proving that fans of a relatively niche series like EB/Mother are more than willing to seek out unofficial merchandise.

Our site just launched a little over two weeks ago, so we certainly are a new business and will continue to improve as we grow. Hopefully we’ll be able to offer some neat incentives and promotions in the future too!

Ginrei said on Nov. 14, 2010

Pretty neat, but design-wise they’re pretty simple.

bahooney said on Nov. 15, 2010

Am I really the only one who thinks these are incredible? Come my next paycheck I’m totally getting the Runaway 5 one methinks.

Xi said on Nov. 16, 2010

I’m not wearing any shirt that makes my arms and neck censored!

Daxdiv said on Nov. 23, 2010

I bought the DCMC shirt recently from them, and so far, I don’t regret the purchase. I love the dates that are on the back the most. April 20, 2006 and October 17, 2008. Nice shout-outs. I’ll be willing to buy from them again.

west_haven said on Jan. 18, 2012

This comes a year or so late, but I have the Runaway 5 shirt and I just love it! It is witty, saying the dates on the back, so it looks just like a real tour tshirt. The quality is great too, and this comes from someone owning a Fangamer shirt too. (They both use the same American Apparel shirt, so I love the fit of them both!) I’m just playing through Mother 3 now and since I’m now starting to understand the DCMC shirt, it’s on my wishlist too.