Random Post:

Floppy Disk Ness

November 1st, 2010 | Images, Merchandise

Brett sent in this pic a little while back – it shows the recent MOTHER 2 mini figures compared to the normal-sized figures:

I wonder if the smaller size makes them harder to win in the UFO catcher/crane game machines. Anyway, I’ve actually been kind of disappointed – there’s a ton of the early MOTHER 1 figures on eBay all the time, but the MOTHER 2 figures are a lot fewer in number. I wonder what’s up with that.

8 Comments to MOTHER Figure Size Comparison

Joe said on Nov. 1, 2010

I’d assume it’s because of the technicality that there are more M1 figures than the M2 at the moment.
Hooboy, I wonder how much the whole set in that picture would go for on eBay right now? @.@

Saturnome said on Nov. 2, 2010

I guess the arcades with the mini are simply rarer? With the price of these things I’ll go with a Ness and that will be it. I had dreams of owning the models in the player’s guide since my childhood but this will be enough. *expect the large Ness to be rare and costly*

ooooh I want Jeff too

Satsy said on Nov. 2, 2010

More people are interested in the M2 figures globally than the M1 figures, I’d imagine. Of all the people in Japan who, for many years after the game was released and fell into obscurity, were still publishing doujinshi for the game they loved, are practically clamouring over this opportunity to nab the figures?

I’ve noticed the second set of figures hasn’t even reached eBay yet (unless that started today), these ones are quite popular, I’d wager.

Also yes the size difference is insane. Tracy is the smallest figure I have currently at under 2 inches.

resetsurvivor said on Nov. 2, 2010

I purchased the Ness figure assuming it was 5 inches (which it was listed as..) but when I cracked open the box it was more like 3 inches. I was a little disappointed but it still looks way cool. I want to get the larger figures when they come out but I’m guessing the larger set of the chosen four to come in at $200 or more!?

clausman said on Nov. 2, 2010

hey,Joe:

a whole lot of 0’s

Melissa said on Nov. 5, 2010

In my local arcade, the M2 figurines are in a MUCH harder to win machine than the M1 ones. I won a Ninten in one try, but have yet to get any of the M2 figures because 1) the machines are always crowded and 2) they’re not the easier ‘judge the distance and cut the rope’ type that the M1 figures are put in.

PSI rockin' said on Jan. 18, 2011

Your arcade has them?! (Stalks Mellisa)