Unboxing a Giant Mr. Saturn!
Dan F. e-mailed me to let me know that the MOTHER 3 fan translation had been mentioned briefly in a Swedish magazine called LEVEL:
It’s from the November 2009 issue, in an article about fan translations. The blurb about MOTHER 3 supposedly translates to something like:
“Mother 3 – The sequel to Earthbound was released, after extreme ordeals, in Japan 2006. Two years later a fan translation team was done with the English version, and thus the whole world could see how cozy an RPG it was. The translation seems all the more impressive if you consider how pun-filled it was.”
It’s kinda neat that the game and translation are getting recognized in magazines all over the world. It looks like Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 and Persona 2 are on the same page, too. I never really thought about it before, but that’s like three different gaming generations all sitting together.
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to MOTHER 3 Translation in Swedish Magazine
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...
- DJ: Well, unless they lose the big account and their financial manager hangs himself. Then they’ll have to figure something else out just in...
- KingMike: Buy all the stock so we can make him make Mother 4. 😛 (no, it wouldn’t turn out good unless Itoi wanted to make it)
- Shigesato Itoi: Yeah I’m gonna be freaking rich and i stole cash from my dead father btw XD
- StarmanAlex: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE