Itoi and the MOTHER 2 iPhone Case
Dan F. e-mailed me to let me know that the MOTHER 3 fan translation had been mentioned briefly in a Swedish magazine called LEVEL:
It’s from the November 2009 issue, in an article about fan translations. The blurb about MOTHER 3 supposedly translates to something like:
“Mother 3 – The sequel to Earthbound was released, after extreme ordeals, in Japan 2006. Two years later a fan translation team was done with the English version, and thus the whole world could see how cozy an RPG it was. The translation seems all the more impressive if you consider how pun-filled it was.”
It’s kinda neat that the game and translation are getting recognized in magazines all over the world. It looks like Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 and Persona 2 are on the same page, too. I never really thought about it before, but that’s like three different gaming generations all sitting together.
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to MOTHER 3 Translation in Swedish Magazine
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Cartridge Cart Game Earth Bound
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...