MOTHER 3 Gift Box Glitch
Dan F. e-mailed me to let me know that the MOTHER 3 fan translation had been mentioned briefly in a Swedish magazine called LEVEL:
It’s from the November 2009 issue, in an article about fan translations. The blurb about MOTHER 3 supposedly translates to something like:
“Mother 3 – The sequel to Earthbound was released, after extreme ordeals, in Japan 2006. Two years later a fan translation team was done with the English version, and thus the whole world could see how cozy an RPG it was. The translation seems all the more impressive if you consider how pun-filled it was.”
It’s kinda neat that the game and translation are getting recognized in magazines all over the world. It looks like Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 and Persona 2 are on the same page, too. I never really thought about it before, but that’s like three different gaming generations all sitting together.
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to MOTHER 3 Translation in Swedish Magazine
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.