EarthBound Charity Auction Next Week
Dan F. e-mailed me to let me know that the MOTHER 3 fan translation had been mentioned briefly in a Swedish magazine called LEVEL:
It’s from the November 2009 issue, in an article about fan translations. The blurb about MOTHER 3 supposedly translates to something like:
“Mother 3 – The sequel to Earthbound was released, after extreme ordeals, in Japan 2006. Two years later a fan translation team was done with the English version, and thus the whole world could see how cozy an RPG it was. The translation seems all the more impressive if you consider how pun-filled it was.”
It’s kinda neat that the game and translation are getting recognized in magazines all over the world. It looks like Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 and Persona 2 are on the same page, too. I never really thought about it before, but that’s like three different gaming generations all sitting together.
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to MOTHER 3 Translation in Swedish Magazine
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...