October 15th, 2010 | Images, Merchandise, MOTHER 1

I asked for it, and at last we have some unboxed photos of the new MOTHER figures!

First up is a whole bunch of pics courtesy of Saturn Storm:

Next, Nightram over at Video Game Memorabilia Museum has some more detailed photos, including stuff like this:

Click here to see the rest!

30 Comments to MOTHER Figures Unboxed

[…] More here Permalink […]

Matt Frey said on Oct. 15, 2010

In reference to the final picture: FATALITY!

LakituAl said on Oct. 15, 2010

@ Matt Frey

Ness… It looks like you got your head handed to you… Wanna give it another shot?

Mr. Anon said on Oct. 15, 2010

Why did you decapitate Ninten?

Sir Ilpalazzo said on Oct. 15, 2010

This is off-topic, but does your Ghosts ‘n Goblins article still exist anywhere?

EarthBounderZero said on Oct. 15, 2010

I had no Idea Teddy would look so Strange…

EarthboundPrincess22 said on Oct. 15, 2010

Oh no not Ninten! D:
They look cute…Pippi still scares me…

Waffflegamemaster said on Oct. 15, 2010

Ever notice that the beginning of bein’ friends sounds kinda like the state farm jingle

Waffflegamemaster said on Oct. 15, 2010

sorry off topic

Mato said on Oct. 15, 2010

Sir Ilpalazzo: I probably have it in a database backup somewhere, but I’m not sure where it is. It’s a million years aways, but I intend to move a lot of my old articles and stuff to my newer site sometime.

chaobreeder20 said on Oct. 15, 2010

I know some people wil be angry but…God!Ninten is ugly….

BurpBelch said on Oct. 15, 2010

Aw… Pippi is cute!

Guy said on Oct. 15, 2010

I must have that teddy D:

ShirowWolf said on Oct. 15, 2010

Hey, these look great! As best as I can tell, they look genuinely close to the original clay models.

Looking at Ninten’s turnarounds, it does indeed look like his shirt is just…sort of tucked into his shorts. From the side. But from the front, I STILL think it looks like they just didn’t finish the original model! And look how high his shorts look like they’re hitched up! D;

But that’s probably just me. Like I’ve mentioned, that look has always bothered me about Ninten’s model. 8P

Onion said on Oct. 15, 2010

Ninten was years ahead of Nathan Drake

Satsy said on Oct. 16, 2010

One thing I’d have loved to do if they weren’t all made with their own different fixtures was take pictures of them all jumbled. Ninten with Lloyd’s head, Teddy with Pippi’s… it would have been amusing. However only the heads separate, and each fixture is different so I was a little disappointed with that. 😉

Also, Mato, the last one in my image pile isn’t mine. 😛

What'sHerFace said on Oct. 16, 2010

These are all really great! They look really good quality and they look really accurate.

Pippi is hideously accurate.

…Was it ever cool to tuck your T-shirt into your pants…?

fat kid said on Oct. 16, 2010

teddy reminds me of that guy in a kirby commercial far some reason

Captain Bozo said on Oct. 16, 2010

OH MAN IT COMES APART.

I wonder if you can mix them up 😀

Satsy said on Oct. 16, 2010

Captain Bozo: You can’t. I think I said that already. 🙁 Their heads all fit differently onto the torsos. It’d be like shoving a square block into a circle hole. Doesn’t work properly and no way am I breaking these things forcing them on. 😉

Bealzabub said on Oct. 16, 2010

OMG, this makes me want that Loid one even more~

MEG said on Oct. 18, 2010

Happy Late Tomato Day, and thank you for everything!!

kendall said on Oct. 20, 2010

NINTEN NOOOOOOO

:-o said on Oct. 20, 2010

Why did they behead Ninten! evil!

Pkhypernova said on Oct. 23, 2010

Ninten? NINTEN, NINTEEEEEEENNNNNNN

Ice Sage said on Oct. 23, 2010

The figure’s quality is amazing. What struck me most when I got mine, however, were the amount of details that we never saw before due to only ever seeing frontal angles of the models.

A couple things pique my curiosity, though (bar Pippi and her creepiness):

-Ninten: His shirt is kind of weird. The “tucked-in/super high shorts” thing is already kind of strange, but I have no idea why his stripes are purposefully crooked. I can only suppose that it’s to help portray a “rumpled” look to go along with the half-untucked shirt, but it’s anyone’s guess, really.

-Teddy: The hair is just plain bizarre. From the front it always looked like some big thing sticking out/up, but now we can see that it’s completely different from that (my mom commented that it looked like he got his hair caught in a garbage compactor). He also has really thin, white lips, which completely threw me when I accidentally noticed them – they’re really hard to see unless you know they’re there. I had never noticed them before.

ravenumbreon said on Nov. 13, 2010

The one of Pippi scares me D:

forestjune12 said on Dec. 25, 2010

i trade my arm and leg for the loid and jeff
and ness and ninten

Anonymous said on Sep. 27, 2013

:D:D::D:D:D

i looking for ana said on Sep. 27, 2013

i am looking for ana but i cant find her i was on ebay but she was not for sale ask me if you find her plz i must find her D: