MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*

October 18th, 2010 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, MOTHER 1, Videos

Here’s a Japanese band playing the Twoson song:

Also, you can hear them play Pollyanna here, I personally prefer the Twoson rendition, though.

17 Comments to Japanese Band Plays Twoson

KingDarian said on Oct. 18, 2010

That was amazing. Boy Meets Girl is one of my favorite tunes from the EarthBound soundtrack, and it’s great to hear it live.

resetsurvivor said on Oct. 19, 2010

Man, she’s really rockin’ that trombone!

Roo said on Oct. 19, 2010

God, I love a good trombone melody.

But what’s that keyboard thing with some sort of attachment to blow air into it? Something akin to an accordion?

[…] Direct link here Permalink […]

omnomnominous said on Oct. 19, 2010

@Roo

I had one of those…but I forget what they’re called >_<

chaobreeder20 said on Oct. 19, 2010

Since i am a Heavy Rock and Metal freak,i wish there was a rock dub of the EB soundtrack:D
Particilarly aSystem of a Down,Breaking Benjamin,Three Days Grace,or Mettalica…

yar said on Oct. 19, 2010

@omnomnominous

you mean a melodica?

Blayaden said on Oct. 19, 2010

Ah… this brings back memories… I played Trumpet and French Horn from Jr. High to the second year of college. I remember my nervousness clattering and quivering my instrument!
The reason I quit is because we were always playing “modern” (not RECENT) music that was a lot of work, and sounded terrible. (to me at least) Hearing these kids playing MUSIC makes me regret my decision… I personally preffer “romantic” style music (think John Williams’s and Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.)
The music in the Mother series is one of the many reasons these games will never be forgotten.

tsukihime said on Oct. 20, 2010

This was awesome, I always really loved this song.
It’s called Boy Meets Girl? That’s far out.

Komaru said on Oct. 20, 2010

Oh man- the second one from the right has a Melodica. That is so crazy cool.

blahblah said on Oct. 22, 2010

woah. even my band which has like 30 people probably couldn’t play ANY earthbound song……because they don’t know what earthbound is.

teraphony said on Oct. 23, 2010

Wow, a harmonium…my mom has one at my grandma’s house. I’ve never seen one used in an ensemble before though…

KatanaSwordfish said on Oct. 24, 2010

@Blayaden:

>It’s never to late to start again! Always make an effort to play the type of music you want to play regardless of whether its from a game or anime or whatever! 🙂 That’s how I try to be at least! I agree that the music in the mother series greatly contribute to its longevity. =D

On a side note. I love me some melodica!

Skullrama said on Oct. 26, 2010

Wah. Incredible. Other then the fact that they’re all asian, those kids look exactly like every group of high-school band kids I’ve known. Same distribution of shapes and sizes and everything.

Clawz said on Nov. 17, 2010

LOL I wished my band would play songs like this.

StarFan said on Dec. 3, 2010

This is so cool!

Paula Polestar said on May. 23, 2012

I like the piccolo girl, since I play flute myself. But the French Horn guy rocks, too.