Fake EarthBound Cart for Sale
Shigesato Itoi’s site is immensely popular in Japan, and each day he posts a very short snippet of random thoughts or what he’s up to lately (see here). Today, at the very end of his daily post, he briefly added this:
I’m going to Kichijoji today and tomorrow. I used to do all-day and all-night work retreats there when I worked on a game called MOTHER 3. I remember it being tough, but I also have fond memories about it when I look back. Sniff. …I wonder what I’ll eat there.
Like he mentions, Kichijoji is where Itoi and people from Brownie Brown would often rent a hotel for a few nights in a row and hole up to work on the game like crazy. Kichijoji is where Brownie Brown’s office is, and Brownie Brown is the company that developed MOTHER 3. His message is pretty short and sparse on details, almost reminiscent of the posts he used to make years ago.
The “I wonder what I’ll eat there” has to do with the fact that while working on MOTHER 3 at Kichijoji, he discovered “croquette rolls”, which he liked so much he put them into the game in many places. You can read more about that here.
Anyway, although I get the feeling that this has little or nothing to do with any new MOTHER stuff, I’m still curious. At the very least, it’s neat to see Itoi mentioning MOTHER-related stuff in his posts every once in a while!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Itoi’s Blog, October 7, 2010
- snesdude7: You can buy them again now! I just ordered one!
- Chase: There is a note now on the web page for it that says “we are expecting a restock on this item soon, check back to this page for more...
- Corbin: Will they get more? I hope so…
- chase: wow, 3 hours in, sold out already. Laaaaame
- Corbin: I’m trying to buy one but I don’t know how to add it to my cart or whatever!