EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

October 26th, 2010 | EarthBound

Good ol’ Chewy has been diligently working on translating the official MOTHER 2 novel into English for the past couple months – if you’ve forgotten or didn’t know about it, check out her site here. Anyway, at last she’s gotten through the entire novel – which, coming from a fellow translator, is a really huge accomplishment, especially for something done in her spare time 😯

Right now only the first draft is done, and she says she wants to polish a lot of it up and figure out the best way to distribute it. She’s spoken with the novel’s author in the past, and while it doesn’t seem like an official release will be likely, we can always hope and pray.

In the meantime, if you want to read lots of excerpts from the translation check out her site. And if you’re an artist, you should definitely look into submitting stuff for her novel illustration project!

11 Comments to First Draft of MOTHER 2 Novel Done

Genesys said on Oct. 26, 2010

now where can we one of those masks?

SamWibatt said on Oct. 27, 2010

Congratulations to Chewy! Well done.

[…] link Permalink […]

Random Guardian said on Oct. 27, 2010

I was going to say what a shame we couldent print this out on fangamer or other websites because of obvious problems regarding copyrights, royalty payment, and the likes. With Chewy being able to contact the author and if we get lucky then… 🙂

JoeShmoe said on Oct. 28, 2010

How does the fight with Giygas work. I MUST KNOW!!! D:

MG said on Oct. 28, 2010

I love the “Mission Accomplished” in the background. It seems unintentional that it’s there, even though it probably isn’t.

blahmoomoo said on Oct. 28, 2010

That is just an edited image of George Bush’s mission accomplished declaration over the Iraq War on an aircraft carrier back in 2003, so the Mission Accomplished in the background is probably intentional (as the mission to translate the book was accomplished anyway). See this image: http://orangepunch.ocregister.com/files/2010/08/bush-mission-accomplished.jpg

Chewy said on Oct. 29, 2010

Thank you for the kind mention, Tomato 😀

YES PEOPLE, SUBMIT ART! RAWR!

Also, may I never translate anything of that magnitude ever again. Can you believe it’s been six years already since I first threw my fist in the air and declared, I’m doin’ this!

kmeisthax said on Nov. 17, 2010

So does this mean the translation will really take another 9 years, ended only by Julian Assange of Wikileaks leaking it?

Matteomax said on May. 22, 2011

I definitley want that mask! 😀

Zoom! said on Aug. 5, 2011

I love the article image :p

Find Merchandise!