MOTHER Series in Nintendo World
There’s an old glitch lots of EarthBound fans know about by now, but just in case some haven’t heard about it, here it is!
Basically, during the fight with the Clumsy Robot in EarthBound, get the robot’s HP really low (you’ll have to go with your instincts on this one) and have Ness set your party members up with power shields. If you’re lucky, the robot will use a multi-targeted attack that will bounce off one shield – this will kill the robot and start the Runaway Five scene – but then the second attack will happen and kill the robot again.
It’s hard to explain, so here’s a video courtesy of DarkHamsterlord1:
I’m sure there are various ways of setting this up to get it to happen, maybe someone who’s done it recently can suggest some good setups. I’ve only done it once, and I was lazy so I used save states 😛
If you’ve played through the game a million times already, try this out on your next run!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound Clumsy Robot Glitch
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues