The EarthBound Equation
There’s an old glitch lots of EarthBound fans know about by now, but just in case some haven’t heard about it, here it is!
Basically, during the fight with the Clumsy Robot in EarthBound, get the robot’s HP really low (you’ll have to go with your instincts on this one) and have Ness set your party members up with power shields. If you’re lucky, the robot will use a multi-targeted attack that will bounce off one shield – this will kill the robot and start the Runaway Five scene – but then the second attack will happen and kill the robot again.
It’s hard to explain, so here’s a video courtesy of DarkHamsterlord1:
I’m sure there are various ways of setting this up to get it to happen, maybe someone who’s done it recently can suggest some good setups. I’ve only done it once, and I was lazy so I used save states 😛
If you’ve played through the game a million times already, try this out on your next run!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound Clumsy Robot Glitch
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...