EarthBound Completed in 9 Minutes
There’s an old glitch lots of EarthBound fans know about by now, but just in case some haven’t heard about it, here it is!
Basically, during the fight with the Clumsy Robot in EarthBound, get the robot’s HP really low (you’ll have to go with your instincts on this one) and have Ness set your party members up with power shields. If you’re lucky, the robot will use a multi-targeted attack that will bounce off one shield – this will kill the robot and start the Runaway Five scene – but then the second attack will happen and kill the robot again.
It’s hard to explain, so here’s a video courtesy of DarkHamsterlord1:
I’m sure there are various ways of setting this up to get it to happen, maybe someone who’s done it recently can suggest some good setups. I’ve only done it once, and I was lazy so I used save states 😛
If you’ve played through the game a million times already, try this out on your next run!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound Clumsy Robot Glitch
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!