MOTHER Title Music Remake
EarthBound doesn’t come with a lot of secret side-bosses or hidden areas, so players have had to be creative when trying to get a lot of replay value out of the game. One of these is what’s known as the “T-Rex’s Bat Challenge”.
Basically, the goal is to buy the T-Rex’s bat in Winters before Jeff goes to Threed. The problem is that Jeff doesn’t have an ATM card, so he can’t get money normally. The only way to raise money is to sell items enemies drop. The items sell for only a few dollars apiece, while the bat is nearly $700. Yes, it’s one of those challenges for the truly crazed EarthBound fan
Luckily, Chasmang put together a nice little guide for this challenge that minimizes the grinding and makes the challenge possible in a relatively short amount of time. Check it out here!
I remember trying this challenge myself not too long after the game’s release, it took forever but it was neat that it was possible. And once I gave the bat to Ness, he’s especially strong for the next few parts of the game, which was nice.
Anyway, have you tried this challenge before? Did you give up? Were you crazy enough to buy the Coin of Silence for $2000 instead? I thought I heard about someone crazy enough to buy EVERY item in the store… that’s way too much even for me
Other Related Posts:
49 Comments to The T-Rex’s Bat Challenge
- Anonymous: “Developers’ deceit” sounds a bit conspiratorial. Accepting it? Oh my, The entirety of that syntactic arrangement is...
- Oh My: Raiden, you’re narrowing it down a little too much. There were many reasons why I object to it being called Mother 4. Non-official...
- Raiden: Alright I hate to be a chatty cathy but let me narrow it down: Since it’s not official it shouldn’t be called Mother 4? So let...
- Raiden: Maybe I’m just stupid!lol
- Raiden: I have never called your opinion stupid Oh My. I’m just trying to understand it.