Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
EarthBound doesn’t come with a lot of secret side-bosses or hidden areas, so players have had to be creative when trying to get a lot of replay value out of the game. One of these is what’s known as the “T-Rex’s Bat Challenge”.
Basically, the goal is to buy the T-Rex’s bat in Winters before Jeff goes to Threed. The problem is that Jeff doesn’t have an ATM card, so he can’t get money normally. The only way to raise money is to sell items enemies drop. The items sell for only a few dollars apiece, while the bat is nearly $700. Yes, it’s one of those challenges for the truly crazed EarthBound fan 😛
Luckily, Chasmang put together a nice little guide for this challenge that minimizes the grinding and makes the challenge possible in a relatively short amount of time. Check it out here!
I remember trying this challenge myself not too long after the game’s release, it took forever but it was neat that it was possible. And once I gave the bat to Ness, he’s especially strong for the next few parts of the game, which was nice.
Anyway, have you tried this challenge before? Did you give up? Were you crazy enough to buy the Coin of Silence for $2000 instead? I thought I heard about someone crazy enough to buy EVERY item in the store… that’s way too much even for me 😯
Other Related Posts:
49 Comments to The T-Rex’s Bat Challenge
- Peanutcheesebars: Truly a really fun ability to play. I don’t think they’ve made an Earthbound connection quite like this since the...
- Atomikku123: I got super-jealous when he showed the “Cave of the Past/Dierdre” instrument so I used Garageband iOS to record the...
- KingOfSwords: Ness neither turns invisible nor creates electric fields. What is this.
- Chivi-chivik: The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...