Itoi’s Message on MOTHER 2 Revival Site
Popular Posts:None found
It’s been a while since the last swag watch, so let’s take a look at some cool stuff out there for collectors!
First up are the MOTHER 1 figures that were recently released in Japan. These have now hit eBay and are a lot cheaper than they were just a few weeks ago. It sounds like they’re going to switch to the new set of figures in a few weeks, so get these while you can! You can see all the available figures here.
If anyone gets the two Ninten figures, let us know how they’re different in any way. Their packaging is probably slightly different, but I’m curious to see how the actual figures might slightly differ too.
Next is a rare MOTHER 1+2 promo poster used in stores many years ago. I actually own one myself, I picked one up when stores were getting rid of them. But I almost never see them on auction sites anymore.
There’s also a rare MOTHER 3 promo poster up for bids. Coincidentally, I happen to own one of these too. Did someone break into my house?! I don’t see these available much anymore, so if you’re starting a collection of stuff, this is a good piece to have.
For those who don’t know, back in the 16-bit days Nintendo set up a system in Japan where you could buy a blank cartridge and take it to a convenience store or a game store and get a Super Famicom game loaded onto it for a small fee. This system was called Nintendo Power. One of the games available was MOTHER 2. Also, since you weren’t buying the actual, physical game, you got the instructions in the form of a small card, as you can see here.
Anyway, I used to occasionally see a Nintendo Power cartridge with MOTHER 2 on it on Yahoo! Auctions Japan, but this is probably the first time I’ve seen one on eBay. I don’t think it’s really different from the normal game in any way, except for the way you load up the game, but I might be wrong. In any case, if you’re building a big collection, this is a must-have!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Swag Watch: Sept. 17, 2010
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.