EarthBound Fans Thank Shigesato Itoi Back
It’s been a while since the last swag watch, so let’s take a look at some cool stuff out there for collectors!
First up are the MOTHER 1 figures that were recently released in Japan. These have now hit eBay and are a lot cheaper than they were just a few weeks ago. It sounds like they’re going to switch to the new set of figures in a few weeks, so get these while you can! You can see all the available figures here.
If anyone gets the two Ninten figures, let us know how they’re different in any way. Their packaging is probably slightly different, but I’m curious to see how the actual figures might slightly differ too.
Next is a rare MOTHER 1+2 promo poster used in stores many years ago. I actually own one myself, I picked one up when stores were getting rid of them. But I almost never see them on auction sites anymore.
There’s also a rare MOTHER 3 promo poster up for bids. Coincidentally, I happen to own one of these too. Did someone break into my house?! I don’t see these available much anymore, so if you’re starting a collection of stuff, this is a good piece to have.
For those who don’t know, back in the 16-bit days Nintendo set up a system in Japan where you could buy a blank cartridge and take it to a convenience store or a game store and get a Super Famicom game loaded onto it for a small fee. This system was called Nintendo Power. One of the games available was MOTHER 2. Also, since you weren’t buying the actual, physical game, you got the instructions in the form of a small card, as you can see here.
Anyway, I used to occasionally see a Nintendo Power cartridge with MOTHER 2 on it on Yahoo! Auctions Japan, but this is probably the first time I’ve seen one on eBay. I don’t think it’s really different from the normal game in any way, except for the way you load up the game, but I might be wrong. In any case, if you’re building a big collection, this is a must-have!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Swag Watch: Sept. 17, 2010
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?