September 23rd, 2010 | EarthBound, Merchandise

The next stage of Banpresto’s MOTHER-series figure-thon is now underway – the new PVC Mr. Saturn figures are already hitting Yahoo! Auctions Japan. Here are pics of the first few to show up:

Currently no sign of the new mini-figure set of Ness, Ness’ Mom, Tracy, and King, which should also be out right now too. I’m curious to see how these new Mr. Saturns and these mini-figure sets look in comparison to the full-size figure sets, so if any lucky folks here win/buy any, let us know the details!

Thanks to KingDarian for the super-early heads-up, I actually had just searched for the Ness figures minutes before, but they’re still nowhere to be seen online.

19 Comments to New Mr. Saturn Figures Out

Onion said on Sep. 23, 2010

Wow, that looks really nice. Not too far off from the Mr.Saturn statues given out at the M1+2 event IIRC. I’m definitely picking one up as soon as the price drops.

KingDarian said on Sep. 23, 2010

These vinyl toys are roughly 7 inches tall, so they should have some height advantage on the figures released thus far. I’ll let you know more when I get mine in.

TeamMountain said on Sep. 23, 2010

Dude, somethings going on!?! Come-on isn’t all this a little weird???! Somebody is up to something….

Onion said on Sep. 24, 2010

I did a double take:

Looks like our boy Ness has appeared!

KingDarian said on Sep. 24, 2010

Nice!

Joe said on Sep. 24, 2010

I swear, when I first saw the pics of the new figure, it reminded me of the extremely rare Mr. Saturn statues that Itoi gave out at an auction: http://starmen.net/merchandise/images/ms_statue3.jpg

I don’t know if that’s a coincidence, or if they were going with that similar style.

Penguiness said on Sep. 24, 2010

Mr Saturn’s nose is a bit… weird looking… It looks really different from the other Mr Saturn plushies.

Don’t you agree?

KingDarian said on Sep. 24, 2010

This vinyl to is much closer to the original clay model design. The plushies have all been a little different, making the nose a little more bulbous.

Mato said on Sep. 24, 2010

Cool, Nes is out!

KingDarian said on Sep. 24, 2010

So they are all separately packaged.

Poochy said on Sep. 24, 2010

To commemorate Mario’s 25th anniversary there’s a new Ask Iwata available, only this time it’s Ask Shigesatoi Itoi!

MG said on Sep. 24, 2010

Ah! They finally translated that interview!

phil said on Sep. 24, 2010

WANT

blahblah said on Sep. 24, 2010

The nose is kinda flat but WHO CARES!!! ITS STILL MR. SATURN!!!

KingDarian said on Sep. 25, 2010

You can see the romanization clearly on the side of the box:

NES – CHIBI – MAMA – TRACY

Krennthief said on Sep. 25, 2010

TeamMountain, I think I have to agree about this stuff with you… I want to know why so many Mother-related things are happening so often as of late… Even at E3, the subtle, yet mysteriously interesting “Dr. Andonuts” door I’ve been wondering about…

The new paraphernalia that keeps coming out seems like a hint for something, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

I would so want a Mr. Saturn plushie, too. XD

Satsy said on Sep. 25, 2010

So this month’s collections have hit Yahoo! Auctions… now to wait for them to hit eBay! And maybe see if they start high like the M1 figures did. 😛 Wait for them to go down to ‘reasonable’ prices.

MoonSide said on Sep. 25, 2010

I’ve been wondering the same,too. Why are they releasing new items? I hope this means something good!

Ace of Technology said on Mar. 2, 2012