Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
September 11th, 2010 | MOTHER 1+2
A while back, tintinophile691 sent this in:
I discovered this while messing with the GBA version of Mother 2.
In the GBA compilation “Mother 1+2”, you can actually do a weird walk in the Mother 2 section by pressing the Left, Right, and Down buttons on the D-pad. I tested it, but this does not apply to the SNES version.
You actually walk DOWNWARDS, but you are facing in a different direction.
After hearing about this, I tried it out on my M1+2 cart. I couldn’t get this to happen, leading me to believe tintinophile691 was using an emulator and pressing a bunch of buttons at once that wouldn’t be possible on a real D-pad. But I did get the game to weird out and crash one time while I was trying hard to press all three at once. Whatever it is, something strange is going on.
If you happen to have a MOTHER 1+2 cart, try it out and let me know if you can get anything weird to happen. The M1+2 port seems to have a lot of little bugs, so who knows, it may lead to some glitches that can be exploited, like defeating Giygas without praying.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Walking Bug?
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (NINTENDO NES SNES) Strategy Guide + Scratch N Sniff stickers
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?