EarthBound Cart Economics
September 11th, 2010 | MOTHER 1+2
A while back, tintinophile691 sent this in:
I discovered this while messing with the GBA version of Mother 2.
In the GBA compilation “Mother 1+2”, you can actually do a weird walk in the Mother 2 section by pressing the Left, Right, and Down buttons on the D-pad. I tested it, but this does not apply to the SNES version.
You actually walk DOWNWARDS, but you are facing in a different direction.
After hearing about this, I tried it out on my M1+2 cart. I couldn’t get this to happen, leading me to believe tintinophile691 was using an emulator and pressing a bunch of buttons at once that wouldn’t be possible on a real D-pad. But I did get the game to weird out and crash one time while I was trying hard to press all three at once. Whatever it is, something strange is going on.
If you happen to have a MOTHER 1+2 cart, try it out and let me know if you can get anything weird to happen. The M1+2 port seems to have a lot of little bugs, so who knows, it may lead to some glitches that can be exploited, like defeating Giygas without praying.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Walking Bug?
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?