Winters in Smash Bros. Brawl
September 11th, 2010 | MOTHER 1+2
A while back, tintinophile691 sent this in:
I discovered this while messing with the GBA version of Mother 2.
In the GBA compilation “Mother 1+2”, you can actually do a weird walk in the Mother 2 section by pressing the Left, Right, and Down buttons on the D-pad. I tested it, but this does not apply to the SNES version.
You actually walk DOWNWARDS, but you are facing in a different direction.
After hearing about this, I tried it out on my M1+2 cart. I couldn’t get this to happen, leading me to believe tintinophile691 was using an emulator and pressing a bunch of buttons at once that wouldn’t be possible on a real D-pad. But I did get the game to weird out and crash one time while I was trying hard to press all three at once. Whatever it is, something strange is going on.
If you happen to have a MOTHER 1+2 cart, try it out and let me know if you can get anything weird to happen. The M1+2 port seems to have a lot of little bugs, so who knows, it may lead to some glitches that can be exploited, like defeating Giygas without praying.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Walking Bug?
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.