Man’s Ultimate Friend
September 11th, 2010 | MOTHER 1+2
A while back, tintinophile691 sent this in:
I discovered this while messing with the GBA version of Mother 2.
In the GBA compilation “Mother 1+2”, you can actually do a weird walk in the Mother 2 section by pressing the Left, Right, and Down buttons on the D-pad. I tested it, but this does not apply to the SNES version.
You actually walk DOWNWARDS, but you are facing in a different direction.
After hearing about this, I tried it out on my M1+2 cart. I couldn’t get this to happen, leading me to believe tintinophile691 was using an emulator and pressing a bunch of buttons at once that wouldn’t be possible on a real D-pad. But I did get the game to weird out and crash one time while I was trying hard to press all three at once. Whatever it is, something strange is going on.
If you happen to have a MOTHER 1+2 cart, try it out and let me know if you can get anything weird to happen. The M1+2 port seems to have a lot of little bugs, so who knows, it may lead to some glitches that can be exploited, like defeating Giygas without praying.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Walking Bug?
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...