Starman Figure on eBay
This is very old news, but from time to time I like to showcase cool old stuff people might not know about. In this case, I’m talking about EarthBound Kart, a Mario Kart (Super NES version) hack that added EarthBound elements to the game. Here are some unfinished videos:
I don’t think this hack was ever completed, and I don’t know if the unfinished version was ever made available. You can read more about the project here, though. It’d be awesome if someone picked it up, or started a new one of their own – I believe new Mario Kart hacking utilities have been made since then, and lots more about the game has been figured out, including how to make the computer AI behave properly on your custom tracks.
In any case, it’s cool to see people hacking EarthBound stuff into other games. Someone make an EarthBound hack of Super Mario Bros!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound Kart
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues