MOTHER Remake Hack Coming Along Nicely
This is very old news, but from time to time I like to showcase cool old stuff people might not know about. In this case, I’m talking about EarthBound Kart, a Mario Kart (Super NES version) hack that added EarthBound elements to the game. Here are some unfinished videos:
I don’t think this hack was ever completed, and I don’t know if the unfinished version was ever made available. You can read more about the project here, though. It’d be awesome if someone picked it up, or started a new one of their own – I believe new Mario Kart hacking utilities have been made since then, and lots more about the game has been figured out, including how to make the computer AI behave properly on your custom tracks.
In any case, it’s cool to see people hacking EarthBound stuff into other games. Someone make an EarthBound hack of Super Mario Bros!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound Kart
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...