The Completionist: EarthBound
This is very old news, but from time to time I like to showcase cool old stuff people might not know about. In this case, I’m talking about EarthBound Kart, a Mario Kart (Super NES version) hack that added EarthBound elements to the game. Here are some unfinished videos:
I don’t think this hack was ever completed, and I don’t know if the unfinished version was ever made available. You can read more about the project here, though. It’d be awesome if someone picked it up, or started a new one of their own – I believe new Mario Kart hacking utilities have been made since then, and lots more about the game has been figured out, including how to make the computer AI behave properly on your custom tracks.
In any case, it’s cool to see people hacking EarthBound stuff into other games. Someone make an EarthBound hack of Super Mario Bros!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound Kart
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.