Groucho in EarthBound Zero
This is very old news, but from time to time I like to showcase cool old stuff people might not know about. In this case, I’m talking about EarthBound Kart, a Mario Kart (Super NES version) hack that added EarthBound elements to the game. Here are some unfinished videos:
I don’t think this hack was ever completed, and I don’t know if the unfinished version was ever made available. You can read more about the project here, though. It’d be awesome if someone picked it up, or started a new one of their own – I believe new Mario Kart hacking utilities have been made since then, and lots more about the game has been figured out, including how to make the computer AI behave properly on your custom tracks.
In any case, it’s cool to see people hacking EarthBound stuff into other games. Someone make an EarthBound hack of Super Mario Bros!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound Kart
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super DX Soft Vinyl Figure Mother 2 MrSaturn Doseisan Banpresto
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...