Electric Guitar EarthBound Remixes
The other day I posted about a tip that there was a possible control pad bug in the MOTHER 2 part of MOTHER 1+2. Apparently the programmers figured people couldn’t press opposite directions at once, so they didn’t do any special checks for it. Depending on the system you’re using and the condition of your control pad, though, it’s supposedly possible to press opposite directions at once.
blahmoomoo made a really detailed video showing how each of the MOTHER games reacts to this:
I tried it with MOTHER 1+2 on my original DS and couldn’t get it to happen – instead I got the game to crash. I think it was because I was near the bottom of a room. Anyway, with all these little bugs we’re finding in MOTHER 1+2, it’s interesting to see bit by bit how less sturdy its programming is than the original MOTHER 2.
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to EarthBound Control Pad Bugs
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...