EarthBound Zero Improvement Hacks
Ivan R. recently sent me an e-mail about the MOTHER series logo, namely the planet that’s used in the “O” n the name. I had totally forgotten about it, this is exactly the kind of thing I made EarthBound Central for! So without further ado, here’s where the MOTHER planet logo thing comes from.
Here, we see the planet in the logos. These are the GBA MOTHER 1+2 versions so they’re probably somewhat squished but it’s still easy to see some details:
The planet is actually based on the famous “Blue Marble” photograph taken during the Apollo 17 mission. You’ve surely seen it before:
Take that, and rotate it 180 degrees:
Now make it black and white:
And then mess with the brightness and colors and stuff a little bit:
Tadah! You have the MOTHER logo planet! Overlook my horrible photo manipulation skills – I’m sure someone (maybe everyone) could do a much better job than me. Even with my crappy job though, you can see a lot of the main features:
Anyway, now whenever you see the logo, you can thank NASA!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to The World is MOTHER
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?