Poll: Best MOTHER Series Ending
Ivan R. recently sent me an e-mail about the MOTHER series logo, namely the planet that’s used in the “O” n the name. I had totally forgotten about it, this is exactly the kind of thing I made EarthBound Central for! So without further ado, here’s where the MOTHER planet logo thing comes from.
Here, we see the planet in the logos. These are the GBA MOTHER 1+2 versions so they’re probably somewhat squished but it’s still easy to see some details:
The planet is actually based on the famous “Blue Marble” photograph taken during the Apollo 17 mission. You’ve surely seen it before:
Take that, and rotate it 180 degrees:
Now make it black and white:
And then mess with the brightness and colors and stuff a little bit:
Tadah! You have the MOTHER logo planet! Overlook my horrible photo manipulation skills – I’m sure someone (maybe everyone) could do a much better job than me. Even with my crappy job though, you can see a lot of the main features:
Anyway, now whenever you see the logo, you can thank NASA!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to The World is MOTHER
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...