Jeff and Poo’s Summer Vacation
Just a small swag update today.
First, you might remember a while back when someone was trying to sell a copy of EarthBound for $6000. I don’t know if that one ever sold, but the same seller listed one for a similar insane price shortly after, and I watched the price on it fall bit by bit every month or so. Until yesterday, when someone bought a copy of EarthBound for $2000 😯
That’s probably one of the most expensive EarthBounds ever sold. I don’t think the prototype cartridge sold for that much even.
Anyway, next on the swag spotlight is this EarthBound in-store poster:
There’s some more info here, too.
These posters are very rare, I usually see them once every two or three years, and they tend to fetch pretty high prices. From what I’m told, there are actually two different types of EarthBound posters, the biggest difference being their sizes. Does anyone have any more info on the poster differences? I’d like to know more about them, but good, definitive info is hard to find.
That’s all for now, if you come across any cool EarthBound/MOTHER-related auctions or whatever, let me know and I’ll probably make an update about it!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Swag Watch: August 11, 2010
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...