EarthBound Hack: Hallow’s End
A little while back I posted about a new CD coming out that features a lot of Keiichi Suzuki’s movie and game music. This CD includes some MOTHER series music too, including a new version of Smiles & Tears.
If you don’t remember what Smiles & Tears is, it’s the song that plays at the end of EarthBound, during the staff credits. Shigesato Itoi actually wrote lyrics for the song and included them in the MOTHER 2 instruction manual, but until now (15+ years later) the lyrics (except for “I miss you”) had never actually been sung to the song in any official fashion.
Here’s the new song, with the new lyrics:
If you’re a collector of EarthBound stuff, you can get a copy of the full album here.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Smiles & Tears, With Lyrics
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues