August 27th, 2010 | Images, Merchandise, MOTHER 1

If you don’t remember, a whoooole bunch of MOTHER and MOTHER 2 figures are planned to be released in Japan slowly over the next seven months. They’re only available via those crane games in Japanese arcades, though. For more details about that, see my old news post here.

Anyway, the first batch of figures, the MOTHER 1 figures, were scheduled to be released in the late August – and it’s now late August, so here’s the very first pic I’ve seen of them!

click to see larger version

It’s nice seeing the actual figure(s) like this, the images on the official site made them seem kind of meh. If I had the money and a place to put them, I’d definitely love to have a whole set of all these figures. I just wish that 1. they sold these in stores instead of this crane game nonsense and 2. released figures for ALL the clay models made for the games.

What do you think? Are you going to try to get any of these upcoming figures? I haven’t seen any on any auction sites yet (Japanese or other), I hope they won’t be a huge pain to get. If anyone manages to collect them all over the next few months, send some pics my way!

41 Comments to MOTHER Figures Spotted

Andy said on Aug. 27, 2010

I hope to get all of them but i probably will miss out on 1 set.

MG said on Aug. 27, 2010

I wish they sold them in stores so there was at least a slim chance I could import one for me.

KingDarian said on Aug. 27, 2010

Holy Hotness, this things are sweet 😮

There goes my money~

Ninji said on Aug. 27, 2010

Strap down your wallets, EarthBound fans. We’ve got some new merchandise to waste tons of money on. But in reality, I might get one or two sets of these things, if A) I find a good importer or B) Ebay sellers put up a stellar prices. But, these things look so awesome. 😀

TheBatFax said on Aug. 27, 2010

All these super crazy things have been out of my reach, but figures? I think I gotta TRY. At least a Loid.

Onion said on Aug. 27, 2010

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Man I am excited to get my hands on these!

Pigmask Private said on Aug. 27, 2010

The timing

The timing…. is superb. Bring it on, Japan, I can finally afford these things!

effigy of starman said on Aug. 28, 2010

“Crane game nonsense” is right! It would be so much easier if these were sold normally. I need to scrounge up the money and effort to get a few of the Mother 2 figures, though – these are too awesome to pass up.

KingDarian said on Aug. 28, 2010

Is there a search term or phrase you could give us to use for when these things hit Yahoo! Japan auctions?

PriestessPaula said on Aug. 28, 2010

God, you know I’ll try to buy some.

all, I can, or at least Paula(Favorite character in the SERIES)

Dumbo said on Aug. 28, 2010

I wish there were a few Mother 3 figures. Is it just me, or is Mother 3 not as well loved over there. :<

BottleRocket said on Aug. 28, 2010

I thought they looked good before, but they look incredible in that photo! I’m definitely going to try and get a few of ’em.

PokeyxNess said on Aug. 28, 2010

Ninten is awesome in all terms of bad@ssery.

I’ll try to buy all of them if I could!

Starstormer said on Aug. 28, 2010

Pretty soon these things should show up on ebay, well I’ll actually try for these this time if I can afford them.

KingDarian said on Aug. 28, 2010

Those Yahoo Japan auction prices are crazy right now. The buy prices are set to $40+ 😮 I wanted to spend like half that. I hope the auctions get flooded and the prices adjust.

Brett Martin said on Aug. 28, 2010

All auctions up right now:

Onion said on Aug. 28, 2010

Agreed. I can’t afford $50-$60 (celga fees, shipping fess) for each figure. I just can’t.

I’m waiting a couple days to see if the prices drop at all. I was looking to spend more in the $30-$40 range per figure and $25-$35 for the minis. $60 is too much IMO.

However the Saturn/Belch plushies did the same exact thing in the first week.

Melissa said on Aug. 28, 2010

The arcade across from my work tomorrow is supposed to have them, but I am so strapped for cash that I can’t even try. I’m gonna wait for the Mother 2 mini figures next month and see if I can make some crane game magic happen. (Managed to win one of the ball-and-chain Mr. Saturns in two tries, and then wasted 2000 yen trying in vain for a second one for a friend…)

Saturnome said on Aug. 28, 2010

I guess the Mother 2 figures are going to sell for even more.

andy said on Aug. 28, 2010

I need these to make an EarthBound series with this figures on my YouTube page.

[…] Link Permalink […]

Flint said on Aug. 28, 2010

ARRRG! I want these soooo bad!Why cant they just sell them?

neonix said on Aug. 28, 2010

My wallet is sad right now.

kalasad said on Aug. 28, 2010

Woah, those are NICE! Totally want a set of Ninten, Ana, and Loid then all the Mother 2 figurines… ahhhhhhhh this is insane.

LakituAl said on Aug. 28, 2010

The “Crane Game Nonsense” is to prove them that you’re worthy. Next time you know, they’ll be asking you for Horns of Life to get them.

Leirin said on Aug. 28, 2010

I do hope these things surface on eBay sometime. I’d kill for just one.

Ginrei said on Aug. 28, 2010

Speaking of odd, expensive merch… Apparently Itoi’s shop has a Mario sweater you can buy? That costs like $450? http://www.1101.com/store/teami2010/index.html o_0

Mato said on Aug. 28, 2010

KingDarian: Here you go: click here for figure fun!

What'sHerFace said on Aug. 28, 2010

HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
I’ll never be able to afford them. No matter how cool they are, I could never bring myself to spend the amount these will probably be on auction for.

They look really good, though. I’m almost certain now that the images used to promote them were just images of the old clay figures.

Onion said on Aug. 28, 2010

@Melissa

Any chance you’d be kind enough to grace us with some photos of the arcade setup? I’d LOVE to see what the machines/promo materials look like.

Zeke said on Aug. 29, 2010

My buddy is in Japan. He tried to win some for me but the crane games are HARD! I know when I went I failed so hard at every crane game I tried!

Melissa said on Aug. 29, 2010

@Onion

I’m sure someone else will get to it first, but I’ll be back at that branch next week, so if nobody does by then, I’ll definitely take some photos. 🙂 Or if I end up at another one of the arcades before then, no problem!

Dlakii said on Aug. 29, 2010

Damnit, I want these… which is just more proof that Nintendo is conspiring to render me bankrupt. ><

Derek said on Aug. 29, 2010

Cool! Real life SSBB!

Pkhypernova said on Aug. 29, 2010

There cool and I totally get them if my parents allowed me to though!

TheJorsh said on Aug. 30, 2010

Why is there a furry tissue box in the back of that picture?

? said on Aug. 31, 2010

Maybe whoever has the models from the Mother 3 fan guide could have those reproduced by a toy company on the cheap for an internet box set, a “happy box” if you will.

Nintendo apparently wouldn’t give a s***.

conn3r said on Aug. 31, 2010

oh my god the prices for these on ebay are REDICULOUS! $100 each or $300 for the 3 pack D:

TheBatFax said on Aug. 31, 2010

Which is why I finally broke and tried Celga out. I don’t know how the whole experience will be, but I managed to buy a Loid already for about $25 before their fees set in.

mitsu said on Aug. 31, 2010

I should sell some this figures. However, please do not expect it.
Yen is strong now. 🙁