MOTHER 3 Menu Patch = Happy
Popular Posts:None found
For the MOTHER 3 fan translation, Jeff and I added a couple new secrets and new features to the game. One of these is the inclusion of a “hard mode”. You could normally learn about its existence by fulfilling some other special requirements, but since it’s been almost two year since the patch’s release, it’s probably okay to spill the beans by now… besides, most everyone knows about it by now anyway 😛
Anyway, in case you don’t know how to access the hard mode, you just have to call yourself (you, the player) HARD MODE when you’re asked at the forest temple in Chapter 1 or at the clay mine in Chapter 4. Type it in all caps, like this:
This has the most obvious effect of doubling enemies’ HP, but it also increases other less-noticeable states, like Speed and some other stuff I can’t remember offhand. Basically, it makes them tougher AND a little more aggressive. I actually didn’t test it as much as I should have, so the difficulty curve isn’t as steep in the later chapters, but it’s still a neat little challenge.
My hope with all these little extra inclusions was to give the fans more ways to enjoy the game. In terms of this hard mode, my goal was for players to fully master fighting tactics, use items in creative ways, and to just try and see new things they probably wouldn’t come across normally.
Anyway, if you haven’t tried Hard Mode yet, give it a play sometime! I had a lot of fun with it, and I hope it’ll give at least a little extra fun for the die-hard fans.
For those who’ve played through Hard Mode, what’s your opinion of it? Too easy? Too hard? Should it have been different in some way? I don’t really plan on adding any other new modes, but I’m curious to hear what ideas you can think of 😀
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to MOTHER 3 Hard Mode
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.