Mini Saturns in Japanese Arcades
For those of you who’ve never heard of it, there’s an organization called Twin Galaxies that keeps a catalog of video game world records – you can read some more about it here. If you’ve seen King of Kong, for example, you’re probably familiar with Twin Galaxies.
Anyway, a new EarthBound world record was made a few days ago: a verified, real-life run of the game was completed in 6 hours, 38 minutes, 16 seconds by Chris Corsi, aka EBchamp. You can see the page about it here.
Here’s what EBchamp said:
I just wanted to let you know that my speed run for Earthbound was verified and posted by Twin Galaxies (the official Guinness Book of World Record scoreboard for video games) on their site, below is the link:
I was able to beat the game in 6 hours 38 minutes 16 seconds (the stop watch was a little off). I have also attached some pictures of some of my notes that were taken, the stop watch with the record time, and the setup we had going. I have beaten my record three years in a row (I do the record run once a year) and I was very pleased with this time. I thought this was some interesting Earthbound news and figured I would share this with you.
He also sent in some pictures:
This is really cool – I’ve always been really interested in seeing just how quickly someone can get through the game in one sitting, and now there’s a world record people can point to and try to improve upon themselves!
Other Related Posts:
53 Comments to An EarthBound World Record
Leave a reply
- Earthbounder: Awesome!!! Mr saturn is a great addition to mother 1! Keep up the work I’m looking forward to playing it
- EarthboundCakes: Speaking of hacks and hacking tools, when are we going to get the hacking tools for Mother 3 like we got for Mother 1+2? I believe...
- professional seo services in Watford: Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the very good works...
- DJMankiewicz: KingMike, it appears that at the very least, the third revision of the Pro Action Replay can alter other addresses. I know I could...
- Jdaster64: I can’t imagine I’d ever get tired of battles starting with “AAH! Enemy name!”