EarthBound Music in Educational Video
For those of you who’ve never heard of it, there’s an organization called Twin Galaxies that keeps a catalog of video game world records – you can read some more about it here. If you’ve seen King of Kong, for example, you’re probably familiar with Twin Galaxies.
Anyway, a new EarthBound world record was made a few days ago: a verified, real-life run of the game was completed in 6 hours, 38 minutes, 16 seconds by Chris Corsi, aka EBchamp. You can see the page about it here.
Here’s what EBchamp said:
I just wanted to let you know that my speed run for Earthbound was verified and posted by Twin Galaxies (the official Guinness Book of World Record scoreboard for video games) on their site, below is the link:
I was able to beat the game in 6 hours 38 minutes 16 seconds (the stop watch was a little off). I have also attached some pictures of some of my notes that were taken, the stop watch with the record time, and the setup we had going. I have beaten my record three years in a row (I do the record run once a year) and I was very pleased with this time. I thought this was some interesting Earthbound news and figured I would share this with you.
He also sent in some pictures:
This is really cool – I’ve always been really interested in seeing just how quickly someone can get through the game in one sitting, and now there’s a world record people can point to and try to improve upon themselves!
Other Related Posts:
53 Comments to An EarthBound World Record
- Chivi-chivik: I KNEW Undertale would be there. It was obvious.
- BusterTheFox: I’ve been playing through Chrono Trigger recently… It’s really fun. I had tried it at least a couple of times in...
- cool_noy_mew: What Opoona said, Opoona is a fantastic Wii game
- yui: I love these cute flowcharts! I’m glad someone did this. I’ve played just about every game on there, it’s super cool to see...
- KingOfSwords: I can’t recommend Undertale highly enough. Or talk much more about it without spoilers. It’s a wonderful game, and...