RARE Near Mint EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995)

July 25th, 2010 | EarthBound, Videos

cswavely is back with some more awesome EarthBound 3D goodness! This time it’s Twoson:

In case you’ve missed cswavely’s other works, see here. You won’t be disappointed!

24 Comments to Twoson in 3D!

Ninji said on Jul. 25, 2010

cswavely is just amazingly skilled. I love the detail put into it, how many weeks did this take him? Because I would would need five years to make a decent copy! Kudos to you, Mr. Wavely!

Nintendofanthr33 said on Jul. 26, 2010

haha… Earthbound 64?

looks like it.
Looks like the town too o.O

Dlakii said on Jul. 26, 2010

Man, that style – perhaps albeit with slightly more detail in areas like grass and with more vibrant colours – would be perfect for any MOTHER remake. Love it.

Captain Bozo said on Jul. 26, 2010

I honestly like this better than his previous stuff. Seems a lot more crisp, and the black outlines are a nice touch.

Greiv said on Jul. 26, 2010

This is too pro.

Love the cel-shaded style!

Chris Swavely said on Jul. 26, 2010

This took me one week from start to finish. I just uploaded this video yesterday morning at 3AM or so. How I got so many views is beyond me, but thank you all for the support!

Lothis said on Jul. 26, 2010

Videos like these make me think a 3D remake of EarthBound would do extremely well if made by the right caring hands.

random guardian said on Jul. 26, 2010

perfect style! i just wanted to say that and nothing else 🙂

Saturn Ladder said on Jul. 26, 2010

Once again cswavely amazes me.

This is a great 3D version of Twoson.

Caleb, Of Asui said on Jul. 26, 2010

I’d love to play the actual game rendered in 3D like this. An official game is obviously unlikely, but it’s not entirely unrealistic especially with the 3DS along with Itoi’s statement that a compilation of all three games for the DS isn’t entirely out of the question.

[…] Direct link here Permalink […]

teraphony said on Jul. 26, 2010

This video makes me happy…it reminds me of the very first time I walked into Twoson and was amazed and excited about exploring a new town.

TheMetroidMan said on Jul. 26, 2010

Soo….if it takes you a week to make it, why don’t you just go the whole 9 yards and recreate the entire game ;)! Awesome job man, that is some mad skills there, absolutely gorgeous. Seriously though, that art style is PERFECT for a remake, why can’t we just get a remake going in the community?

Linkzcap said on Jul. 26, 2010

Do this with Mother 3 and we can have an epic fan-made Earthbound 64!

Anonymous said on Jul. 26, 2010

TheMetroidMan: it seems to be getting more feasible all the time, actually.

Roo said on Jul. 26, 2010

Love the style. It reminds me of games like Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest VIII. Not to mention the orchestration is epic – I’m surprised I’ve never heard it before.

Paul said on Jul. 26, 2010

It’s weird how different the towns look when the streets are at 90 degree angles (-|-) rather than 45/135 degree angles (-/-).

YAYYYY! said on Jul. 27, 2010

IT’S MOTHER 1’S BIRTHDAY!

Let’s all celebrate by begging Nintendo to release all three Mother gams on VC!

sigh said on Jul. 27, 2010

I think someone should make an Earthbound in 3D fangame like the ill-fated Chrono Resurrection was planned to be.

Because judging by past history, it seems that Nintendo won’t bother sending a cease and desist on this one, and would very likely, allow progress to go uninterrupted.

Gabo said on Jul. 27, 2010

Tomato, look.
I made this google search story of earthbound!
Here’s the link:
if you want you can post it here!
i don’t mind

Vinny said on Jul. 28, 2010

Twoson is my favorite town in Earthbound. It’s so calm and peaceful. Would love to live in a place like it on day.

IWANNAPIZZAAIRFRESHENER said on Jul. 28, 2010

Ummmmmmmmm, has no one noticed that the guy forgot to add the black cat over the Polestar Daycare sign?

Omnomnominous said on Jul. 28, 2010

@IWANNAPIZZAAIRFRESHENER

Yup, I noticed that. Didn’t want to mention it though, in case it seemed too picky or something.

Saiai said on Jul. 28, 2010

There’s no people or animals, which is why it’s probably not there.
Wish it was though.