EarthBound on RPGamer’s Podcast
Yesterday, I posted about the new series of MOTHER series figures coming out over the next seven months (reference), but there’s actually a side contest to the whole campaign, which is explained in Japanese here.
Basically, the figures are broken into three groups, and whenever you win a figure set, you’ll get access to an e-mail address (using the 2D bar codes that you decode with your Japanese phone’s camera). If you send a blank e-mail to each of the three groups’ addresses, you’ll get entered into a drawing for a special set of MOTHER 2 stickers. The stickers are extra-large, die-cut stickers, and they include Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo, Mr. Saturn, a telephone, and the game logo.
Most of all, only 200 will be given out, so these will be pretty rare. The whole deal with the 2D bar codes and Japanese phones makes it a lot harder for us Westerners to participate, so looks like Yahoo Auctions Japan and eBay will be the only way for most of us, as usual.
It’s interesting how there’s so much merchandise coming out for 16 and 21 year old games. It’s a shame it probably doesn’t mean anything though 😛
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to Limited Edition MOTHER 2 Stickers
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...