Weekly Round-Up #26
Yesterday, I posted about the new series of MOTHER series figures coming out over the next seven months (reference), but there’s actually a side contest to the whole campaign, which is explained in Japanese here.
Basically, the figures are broken into three groups, and whenever you win a figure set, you’ll get access to an e-mail address (using the 2D bar codes that you decode with your Japanese phone’s camera). If you send a blank e-mail to each of the three groups’ addresses, you’ll get entered into a drawing for a special set of MOTHER 2 stickers. The stickers are extra-large, die-cut stickers, and they include Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo, Mr. Saturn, a telephone, and the game logo.
Most of all, only 200 will be given out, so these will be pretty rare. The whole deal with the 2D bar codes and Japanese phones makes it a lot harder for us Westerners to participate, so looks like Yahoo Auctions Japan and eBay will be the only way for most of us, as usual.
It’s interesting how there’s so much merchandise coming out for 16 and 21 year old games. It’s a shame it probably doesn’t mean anything though 😛
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to Limited Edition MOTHER 2 Stickers
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues