Shigesato Itoi Fishes for Comedy
Yesterday, I posted about the new series of MOTHER series figures coming out over the next seven months (reference), but there’s actually a side contest to the whole campaign, which is explained in Japanese here.
Basically, the figures are broken into three groups, and whenever you win a figure set, you’ll get access to an e-mail address (using the 2D bar codes that you decode with your Japanese phone’s camera). If you send a blank e-mail to each of the three groups’ addresses, you’ll get entered into a drawing for a special set of MOTHER 2 stickers. The stickers are extra-large, die-cut stickers, and they include Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo, Mr. Saturn, a telephone, and the game logo.
Most of all, only 200 will be given out, so these will be pretty rare. The whole deal with the 2D bar codes and Japanese phones makes it a lot harder for us Westerners to participate, so looks like Yahoo Auctions Japan and eBay will be the only way for most of us, as usual.
It’s interesting how there’s so much merchandise coming out for 16 and 21 year old games. It’s a shame it probably doesn’t mean anything though 😛
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to Limited Edition MOTHER 2 Stickers
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...