Poll: Best MOTHER Series Ending
Popular Posts:None found
A few months back, at the Giant Mr. Saturn event in Japan, we learned that Banpresto would be releasing an entire line of MOTHER and MOTHER 2 figures later in the year.
Well, it’s later in the year, and at last they’ve been officially announced! Banpresto has a new page that outlines all of the figure sets that will be released one by one over the course of probably a year or so.
The first two sets have been revealed:
Ninten, Ana, and Teddy
Ninten, Lloyd, and Pippi
The figures are 12 centimeters high (about 4.7 inches) and, like most MOTHER merchandise these days, have to be won in an arcade machine. These two particular sets are set to be released in late August.
The schedule on the site lists the full release schedule as the following:
- MOTHER Figure Collection 1 (Ninten, Ana, Teddy) – Late August 2010
- MOTHER Figure Collection 2 (Ninten, Lloyd, Pippi) – Late August 2010
- MOTHER 2 Figure Collection 1 (Ness, Paula, Poo) – Late December 2010
- MOTHER 2 Figure Colleciton 2 (Ness, Jeff, Pokey) – Late January 2011
- MOTHER 2 Figure Collection 3 (Three different Starman types) – Late February 2011
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 1 (Ness, King, Mom, Tracy) – Late September 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 2 (Ness, Jeff, Dr. Andonuts, Mr. Saturn) – Late October 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 3 (Ness, Poo, Pokey, Picky, Bubble Monkey) – Late November 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 4 (Ness, Paula, Runaway Five members, Venus) – Late December 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 5 (Mr. Saturn, Captured Mr. Saturn, Dr. Saturn, Master Belch) – Late February 2011
- Mr. Saturn PVC Figure – Late September 2010
- Dr. Saturn plushes – Late October 2010
Incidentally, the mini figures are 8 centimeters tall.
Only pictures of the first two MOTHER sets have been shown, but they do look exactly like the official clay models. Very cool. I can’t wait to see how all the others turn out, but holy Giygas you’ll need a giant wallet to collect all of these if you don’t live in Japan 😯
I’ll post more info and pics as I get them!
Other Related Posts:
110 Comments to EarthBound Figures Coming!
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.