MOTHER 2 In a Used Game Store
A few months back, at the Giant Mr. Saturn event in Japan, we learned that Banpresto would be releasing an entire line of MOTHER and MOTHER 2 figures later in the year.
Well, it’s later in the year, and at last they’ve been officially announced! Banpresto has a new page that outlines all of the figure sets that will be released one by one over the course of probably a year or so.
The first two sets have been revealed:
Ninten, Ana, and Teddy
Ninten, Lloyd, and Pippi
The figures are 12 centimeters high (about 4.7 inches) and, like most MOTHER merchandise these days, have to be won in an arcade machine. These two particular sets are set to be released in late August.
The schedule on the site lists the full release schedule as the following:
- MOTHER Figure Collection 1 (Ninten, Ana, Teddy) – Late August 2010
- MOTHER Figure Collection 2 (Ninten, Lloyd, Pippi) – Late August 2010
- MOTHER 2 Figure Collection 1 (Ness, Paula, Poo) – Late December 2010
- MOTHER 2 Figure Colleciton 2 (Ness, Jeff, Pokey) – Late January 2011
- MOTHER 2 Figure Collection 3 (Three different Starman types) – Late February 2011
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 1 (Ness, King, Mom, Tracy) – Late September 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 2 (Ness, Jeff, Dr. Andonuts, Mr. Saturn) – Late October 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 3 (Ness, Poo, Pokey, Picky, Bubble Monkey) – Late November 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 4 (Ness, Paula, Runaway Five members, Venus) – Late December 2010
- MOTHER 2 Mini Figure Collection 5 (Mr. Saturn, Captured Mr. Saturn, Dr. Saturn, Master Belch) – Late February 2011
- Mr. Saturn PVC Figure – Late September 2010
- Dr. Saturn plushes – Late October 2010
Incidentally, the mini figures are 8 centimeters tall.
Only pictures of the first two MOTHER sets have been shown, but they do look exactly like the official clay models. Very cool. I can’t wait to see how all the others turn out, but holy Giygas you’ll need a giant wallet to collect all of these if you don’t live in Japan 😯
I’ll post more info and pics as I get them!
Other Related Posts:
110 Comments to EarthBound Figures Coming!
- Breeman: I managed to get the Giygas red edition since they notified all Kickstarter backers a day before pre-orders went up. I pledged for the...
- jeffmaxwell: Ahh I see! Shortly after I left that comment, I checked the site again and actually snagged both the Cast cover and the Saturn Valley...
- Saeh saeh: Reading past reviews of last year’s onett cover most didn’t get it until November so I think they’ll ship Oct anyways...
- Bionic: Yeah, early this morning they got the cast planner back in stock, but it doesn’t ship till mid-Oct. The site really slowed down...
- Saeh saeh: The pouches and other mr saturn stuff is available October 1st