MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*

June 21st, 2010 | EarthBound, Videos

The most recent Wario Ware game lets you create your own custom games that you can save and share with other people. The game came out a while back but I haven’t really kept up with the stuff people have made for it. It looks like you can do some neat stuff, though.

Here’s an EarthBound microgame by blahmoomoo (more details here):

I really like the level of customization here 😀

Here’s a Mr. Saturn stacking game by Difegue:

And here’s one by Cap, which comes with an article you can read here:

And here are some more noteworthy EarthBound microgames!

Has anyone here made any games for this? Are there any other cool ones out there that are EarthBound-related? If so, share with us!

33 Comments to Wario Ware DIY EarthBound Games

PK Saturn said on Jun. 21, 2010

I’ve tried this game but I’m horrible at art and haven’t come up with anything decent, and nothing EB related.

MoonSide said on Jun. 21, 2010

I did some microgames that were not EB related but, it’s a grand idea to make some. I did some stupid ones in the beginning like touch earth to have a UFO to invade the planet. Pretty much, if you can draw it and make the Action Instructions (A.I. for short) you can make a microgame.

For people who haven’t played it: WarioWare: D.I.Y. does more than games, you can also make music and 4koma (4 cells) comics. They also have a fictional publishing company as unlockables for games, music, comics. 9 volt’s music (as example) is all VG remixes, like Mute City (F-Zero) and others.

neonix said on Jun. 21, 2010

Oh my, I REALLY have to start tinkering with this game right now.

Covarr said on Jun. 21, 2010

Nothing Earthbound related, though I have had some fun trying to make the most complicated things I possibly could with this switch system.

MrSaturn0099 said on Jun. 21, 2010

I made a Warioware: DIY game where you tap 3 Mr. Saturns to make them run away. Tap all 3, and you win. I should really make a video.

resetsurvivor said on Jun. 21, 2010

Ooooh! Some of these are really impressive. I really like !htap raelC and Defend!. Now I feel obligated to make an Mother themed minigame!

LucasTizma said on Jun. 22, 2010

Hm. Maybe I’ve neglected this game. I tried it out, but I wasn’t patient enough to draw stuff. 😀

Chasmang said on Jun. 22, 2010

Yeah, it’s pretty time consuming. I made that “Eat a Hamburger” game. It took me the course of the movie I Love You Man just to get the background drawn. By the time I was done, I was too tired to add much else.

neonix said on Jun. 22, 2010

Yeah, I just got through the tutorials (man that was annoying; I prefer to figure things out myself by playing around, not being forced to sit through a drawn out guide for dummies) and I already don’t have any patience left. 😐

Violet said on Jun. 22, 2010

When you’re actually making a game, seeing it all come together is very satisfying. I’m planning on making an EarthBound game, I’ve got a great idea for one.

For those people who have trouble with art, its dead easy to just copy down sprites into the game if you want to make retro games. Time consuming yes, but once you have it done you can use it again and again in other games.

Dlakii said on Jun. 22, 2010

That’s some impressive stuff, definitely; the level of attention-to-detail in some of these is amazing. My absolute favourite is the Spiteful Crow one; that much effort into adhering to the visual style of EarthBound is more than enough to win me over.

Actually, this has made me quite impressed with the game in general – I mean, you can add your own music, albeit rather rudimentary music? Unquestionably impressive.

MoonSide said on Jun. 22, 2010

For games you can only made a two measure song that repeats depending on how long the game is. For the music tracks you can make (i think) a 48 measure song.

Chosen4 said on Jun. 22, 2010

Im not sure but isnt there a thing where you connect to wi-fi and are able to download d.i.y. gaqmes made by other people

Anonymous said on Jun. 22, 2010

im buyin it and thats final!

[…] Direct link and more here Permalink […]

MoonSide said on Jun. 22, 2010

Yeah, you can download games that where selected by Nintendo and they hold contests to enter it into the download-ables. They also have games that where made by famous people. You know the NP specials they have with the ‘Punch-Out’ game, you can download that, too.

I think making games from scratch is fun but, they also have stamps for people who can’t draw. I never really used the stamps, though. So, If you can’t draw, you can’t make any excuses….. 😀

Chosen4 said on Jun. 22, 2010

I made my own eb game today it involves fighting a starman still working out some kinks

Chosen4 said on Jun. 23, 2010

Also where can you find out your friend code i cant find it anywhere

MoonSide said on Jun. 23, 2010

@Chosen4
You can find your friend codein the Distribution Center-> WFC-> Friend Settings and your code is on the top screen.

Chosen4 said on Jun. 23, 2010

thanks MoonSide

TGP said on Jun. 23, 2010

Most of my microgames are Earthbound themed, but I do custom spriting rather than pixel-by-pixel.

Pretty neat stuff, guys, I love the Moonside one.

yetikirby said on Jun. 24, 2010

I wish I could make games like these(let alone earthbound related!)but I am HORRIBLE at drawing.

Florn said on Jun. 27, 2010

Hey look, it’s the warioware games I made, Moonside n Mr.Saturn’s walk! 😀

Miles Vialpando said on Jun. 28, 2010

Very awesome. The Reggie one made me chuckle.

Justin Holmes said on Jun. 29, 2010

I have a game where Ness has to grab a bicycle from a couple other Earthbound items. People seem to like it. If someone wants to pick it up and get it up somewhere on a video like this, let me know on the Starmen.net boards or whatever.

Droginator said on Jun. 29, 2010

I made the song Piggy Guys from Mother 3 using the Record MakerMatic:

Lorem said on Jul. 1, 2010

I made this WarioWare DIY based on the Mother 3 final boss battle. For some reason, YouTube messed up the audio when i uploaded it.

SURVIVE!

anouamys said on Jul. 2, 2010

Cool!

resetsurvivor said on Jul. 3, 2010
blahmoomoo said on Jul. 6, 2010

Aww, my game didn’t make it into the design challenge for auto-name (submitted under Best RPG, for obvious reasons 🙂 ). Oh well, Nintendo might have not liked it.
For the record, two other Best RPG games were chosen to be part of the list.
Oh well, you’ll just have to trade friend codes with me if you want Smaaaash!!

Anonymous said on Jul. 10, 2010

i made one were ur in the chimeria labs and when u tap lucas he runs away from the UC but if u leave it/tap the UC it will eat lucas and you’ll loose, i’ll try to get a video

mother_fan101 said on Jan. 2, 2014

guess what I made, not that anyone cares, but I took a pokey sprite two minutes ago and am going to make AI instructions for ness to use PSI thunder so he can defeat pokey, but only if you tap ness four times, which he will power up his PSI Thunder with, pokey is floating in space and you can see ness as if he is on SSBB or SSBM or SSB64, but he will be in his original 16-bit sprite as well as pokey will be floating around in a spaceship that belonged to giygas. MY camera works but I won’t make a video because I don’t have anything to save it onto, and I don’t want to use my webcam because of difficulty of understanding how.

mother_fan101 said on Jan. 2, 2014