Mother: Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Released
Ross sent this in a little while back. We’ve seen some speed runs of MOTHER 3 before, but I think this is the fastest one so far. Just in case it’s not obvious, this is a tool-assisted speedrun, so it’s more like how the game would be played by a superhuman or someone who’s really, really, really good at games.
This is currently the longest gaming or tool assisted video on youtube. people are astounded by the fact that it’s six hours of tas in one video. It’s 342 minutes missing from the first tool assisted post.
More than anything, I’m amazed that the translation patch holds up that well to a TAS like this. TASs push game code to its limit, so it’s good to see the game is still playable even in situations like this 😀
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to MOTHER 3 in Under Six Hours
Featured Item on eBay:
RARE Near Mint EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995)
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic