Mega MOTHER Unboxing
May 10th, 2010 | Itoi
Despite being in his 60s and admittedly only able to use computers for basic things like word processing, EarthBound creator Shigesato Itoi now has a Twitter account.
Of course, everything he types is in Japanese, so unless you’re a really diehard fan his posts are probably meaningless to most fans outside of Japan. I doubt he’ll talk about the MOTHER series much, if ever, since he almost never does on his website either. Still, since the word “MOTHER” really stands out in Japanese text, his Twitter messages could be a way to get really up-to-date news about the series if anything DOES happen.
This could also be a way for fans to try to talk to him directly, but there’s the whole language barrier thing and he’s probably too busy to reply to much. But it’s always worth a try 😛
I’ve also come to realize that Twitter in Japanese seems really weird to me – you can say a TON more in a short amount of space in Japanese, so it’s a lot different from how English Twitter posts sound.
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to Shigesato Itoi on Twitter
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.