May 28th, 2010 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Itoi, Merchandise

Shigesato Itoi recently posted on his Twitter account something about the MOTHER series, and KingDarian quickly sent news about it my way. Here’s what Itoi said, translated into English:

Here’s something for the MOTHER folks out there. The “Smiles and Tears” track on the “Keiichi Suzuki:Music for Films and Games/Original Soundtracks” album is sung using lyrics written by me.

I did a quick look, and apparently this is a new album that’s being released in a few days, which is why Itoi mentioned it. If you’re interested in adding it to your collection, it’s available for pre-order at Play-Asia.

I don’t have a full track list of what’s on the album, but most of the music I’ve heard of Keiichi Suzuki sounds really cool, so I might have to check it out myself!

16 Comments to Itoi Tweets About Keiichi Suzuki CD

Ninji said on May. 28, 2010

Sounds awesome, Keichii Suzuki’s album is gonna be great! Hopefully a whole bunch of EarthBound stuff will be in it, at least we know Smiles and Tears will be in it! 😉

KingDarian said on May. 28, 2010

:O This is amazing. It’s a 2CD set with a TON of MOTHER music!

Disc: 1
18. 東京ゴッドファーザーズ
19. すきま風
20. 探索のテーマ3
21. No.9
22. 髭と口紅とバルコニー(Instrumental)
Disc: 2
1. POLLYANNA (I BELIEVE IN YOU)
2. WISDOM OF THE WORLD
16. なんてばかなぼく
17. 風のリグレット・メインテーマ(オーケストラ・ヴァージョン)
18. うんこまみれの時間旅行
19. 懐かしい未来
20. Tokyo 5001 A.D.#1
21. SMILES and TEARS 2010

I’m guessing that last one is the one referenced in the tweet. I’m pre-ordering this bad boy~

via amazon.co.jp

Ginrei said on May. 28, 2010

Oh cool! Has there ever been an offical version with the lyrics? Because I’ve only heard a few vocaloid versions that are all slightly different.

Mato said on May. 28, 2010

I think this might be the first official version with lyrics, actually.

linkdude20002001 said on May. 29, 2010

I’m definitely going to get this. 😀
Hmm… I’ve never heard of Etsuko Yakushinaru or Soutaiseiriron (Sōtaisei Riron)… Now I’m off to investigate!!
I’m sure it’ll be great, but I’m curious as to how it might sound.

Naja said on May. 29, 2010

This is really cool, I wonder if all the Mother tracks will be new recordings or just the versions from the MOTHER 1+2 CD… anyway, knowing that it’ll include a sung version of Smiles and Tears makes me want to get this for sure.

Shoothemoon said on May. 29, 2010

MUST BUY. @_@

Love Suzuki’s music. Can’t wait to order the CD!

Dr. Hobo said on May. 29, 2010

Dang you weren’t kidding, you can say a lot more in japanese on twitter than you can in english. I wish our language was that efficient :\

KingDarian said on May. 29, 2010

They cannot only post more per tweet, they also tend to post more often than anyone else I seem to be following. Itoi and Aoki both have added quite a wall of text since I’ve been subscribed to their tweets. I’m lucky to have noticed this one when I did.

[…] Link Permalink […]

Ricardo said on May. 29, 2010

Oh, yes!! Wisdom of the World! My favorite song in MOTHER!!

LakituAl said on May. 29, 2010

A wilfur! Saturn Valley and Twoson are in there too!

Lollapoloser said on May. 29, 2010

Oh, that’s really cool! More Suzuki for me to listen to :3

Dlakii said on May. 29, 2010

The second disc alone makes this very sorely tempting. More ‘Wisdom of the World’ can certainly never be a bad thing, and when you couple that with, well, the rest of the second disc…

Gurp said on May. 30, 2010

Oh, Keiichi, that scruffy goatee and cropped blond hair is so charming.

KingDarian said on Jun. 2, 2010

It appears that SMILES AND TEARS 2010 is available as a ringtone in Japan. This site has at least six different version which can be found if you search for “SMILES AND TEARS” and select the second search option, 楽曲名.